you can put a deck on a 2015 f150......

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't.....let....it....die....

I bought a bad ass half ton once. Said I could tow close to 10000Lbs, payload 1500Lbs. One loaded up trip hit scales. With tongue weight rig was about about 200 short of max payload and 400 short of Gross Combined. All legal!! Even had one of he best anti sway, load distributing hitches money can buy. Truck towed it fine, but you know it was working hard. Wet roads, leaving from lights, rear tires would spin sometimes and was with very good rubber too. Knew I had to plan for braking distances and that was with upgraded brakes. Didn't take long we started shopping for a diesel. Same setup.....can't even tell the trailer is there, no tire spin, no braking issues, I feel comfortable, les stressed and refreshed when we arrive at the destination.

Neighbour has a Tundra and light weight (ha ha) high end 35' foot trailer. Handles pulling fairly well. Top of line weight distributing anti sway hitch. After first trip with new trailer he wanted to upgrade brakes and add sway bars. Sure it towed his setup, but he was not comfortable or relaxed enough to enjoy it. They are now looking for 3/4 ton diesel.

I think leading the public into believing they can tow a 11,000 to 12,000Lb trailer with a half ton is completely irresponsible

Going to be tough avoiding all those heavy half 150's in this province!

I got my rant in....now it can die.

Last edited:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap my buddy burns more tires off the rear of his diesel towing a trailer than I ever have with my gas pot 1/2 ton lol.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a ford heavy duty half ton 8800 long box put 2 sleds on deck no problem we went to BC many times and never got stopped, had to put good truck tires on it so the tires wouldn't side roll. the problems started when i hooked a 2 place trailer with no brakes behind, going into Golden one weekend almost didn't make it on the hill, the small disk brakes were smoking when i pulled into the fas gas. sold it and got a 250 super duty with camper and trailer package never go back to a half ton. mine seemed ok because it was a long box so the weight was distributed to the front, but putting a deck and 2 sleds on a 6.5 box half ton will put a lot of the weight over the back axle. for safety reasons it would opt out of it and buy a trailer instead

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand, is these guys buy grocery getters. And then can't figure out why it won't carry two sled and two big guys without being overweight. If you want to haul buy a truck not a SUV with a box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Tundra and would never ever consider towing anything much more than a 25 foot trailer
Can't.....let....it....die....

I bought a bad ass half ton once. Said I could tow close to 10000Lbs, payload 1500Lbs. One loaded up trip hit scales. With tongue weight rig was about about 200 short of max payload and 400 short of Gross Combined. All legal!! Even had one of he best anti sway, load distributing hitches money can buy. Truck towed it fine, but you know it was working hard. Wet roads, leaving from lights, rear tires would spin sometimes and was with very good rubber too. Knew I had to plan for braking distances and that was with upgraded brakes. Didn't take long we started shopping for a diesel. Same setup.....can't even tell the trailer is there, no tire spin, no braking issues, I feel comfortable, les stressed and refreshed when we arrive at the destination.

Neighbour has a Tundra and light weight (ha ha) high end 35' foot trailer. Handles pulling fairly well. Top of line weight distributing anti sway hitch. After first trip with new trailer he wanted to upgrade brakes and add sway bars. Sure it towed his setup, but he was not comfortable or relaxed enough to enjoy it. They are now looking for 3/4 ton diesel.

I think leading the public into believing they can tow a 11,000 to 12,000Lb trailer with a half ton is completely irresponsible

Going to be tough avoiding all those heavy half 150's in this province!

I got my rant in....now it can die.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand, is these guys buy grocery getters. And then can't figure out why it won't carry two sled and two big guys without being overweight. If you want to haul buy a truck not a SUV with a box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. I don't know why anyone is surprised when there 5 foot box overloads there rear axle rating. Whatever happened to longbox trucks? Trying to find a decent shape used 4door longbox is like trying to find a unicorn these days. Or at least in AB it is.

Toro

Reaction score
This is my trailer puller, but I won't pull anything longer than 53' and no more than 60000lbs, lots of room on the deck for a couple of sleds too!......lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 160

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome Freightliner! The grill guard sure adds to the presence...

Top Bottom