yfz 450 motor swap

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i blew the chain up on my 450, and broke the case saver, chain guard and engine cases, i have done this before and swapped in a hr+3 crank and hot cams camshafts. i really dont want to rebuild this motor again. i dont have the time or a place to do it. the parts are about $500 from the states give or take a little. what is the bike worth if i sell it? the engine still starts, runs just leaks a bit of oil. bike is a low hour bike and in good shape other than the engine with normal wear and tear for an 06. if i keep it the motor is getting swapped. any ideas, i have considered a banshee motor, gsxr 750 motor. just looking for ideas, i am putting a post in the classifieds as well once i figure a price out.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i blew the chain up on my 450, and broke the case saver, chain guard and engine cases, i have done this before and swapped in a hr+3 crank and hot cams camshafts. i really dont want to rebuild this motor again. i dont have the time or a place to do it. the parts are about $500 from the states give or take a little. what is the bike worth if i sell it? the engine still starts, runs just leaks a bit of oil. bike is a low hour bike and in good shape other than the engine with normal wear and tear for an 06. if i keep it the motor is getting swapped. any ideas, i have considered a banshee motor, gsxr 750 motor. just looking for ideas, i am putting a post in the classifieds as well once i figure a price out.

I've seen one with a banshee pv motor before. looked pretty damn cool. The only problem fitting it was the pipes. You won't get much for the quad in the shape it's in so you may as well rebuild it or do a swap.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's gonna happen again. Look at swaping to a banshee motor then let me know how it went cause I may want to do the same. Fix it,sell it or sell as is with blown motor someone will want it but for how much as theres lots of them for-sale .Buy a banshee less work involved. Good luck!:):)

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's gonna happen again. Look at swaping to a banshee motor then let me know how it went cause I may want to do the same. Fix it,sell it or sell as is with blown motor someone will want it but for how much as theres lots of them for-sale .Buy a banshee less work involved. Good luck!:):)

yeah i really dont like the banshee chassis just mad respect for the motor, in all fairness my 450 makes power, it is one of the fastest 450's i have run across, makes huge bottom end power and climbs very well because of it,peak power from 4000-9500 rpm and pulls from 3000-10300rpm. i do like it just getting tired of fixing everything, kind of been a bad year, nothing but issues with my rhino, both diffs 3 axles, drive belt and so on. this is also the time i chose to tear my old 400 outty down for fixing as both yami's were good when i tore it down.i would really like to just sell it, it still drives and is well sorted out and reliable both times i broke the case i would call it stupid luck.just needs cases changed and for someone somewhat mechanical it is fairly easy, i have the yamaha repair manual which is really good and the crank puller too.

Top Bottom