Any Interest In An 07 M1000 with a blown motor

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize there isnt a big market for them as they are heavy but this one is in great shape other than needing a complete motor. it is a 153 not missing a lug anywhere,no plastic damage anywhere or cracks in the hood or rips in the seat, has cutler performace intake, jaws can, 2 wheel kit, scratchers and the primary has been upgraded to the new m1000 3 tower rather than the 4 tower last season, i would say under 500 miles on the clutch.It also has full vent kit with frog screens everywhere you can put them as well as the side pannels , also has goldfinger lh throttle. i just had the dimaond drive apart 2 weeks ago check things over and change the oil and it is mint. i can not tell you the exact milgae as these ones are such a pain in the ass when you cant get the milage if they dont run. i would say 1500-1600 somewhere in there. all of the shocks where rebuilt last year as well. I never had an issue with it until it ch!t the bed and came apart, i am going to say that what caused the premature blow up at so few km is the fact that it was still clutched for 6-8000 feet and it was ridden at home on the flat land and pulled some pretty serious rpm for an m 1000, my mistake there and it should have never happend in any case as a rod bearing let go and it self detructed itself from there.

you get the idea of what's there, so what is it worth as a rolling chasis? i need to make a decision soon as i need it running or replaced with a new one by the first of march so i am openn to any offers or idea's. i have foud a few complete used motors so am just looking at my options here.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you part it out i am I interested in the hood and vents for sure possibly the arms and shocks

Will

oly

Reaction score
New engine is $2500 complete, used chasis.. whatever somebody's willing to pay. I say part it out! I would also be intersted in hood and some spare parts. But might be better to put new engine in and sell it as a working sled.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also might have something your looking for as im just starting a part out

Top Bottom