Yellow LED fog lights

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back in the day, yellow or amber was the only color you could get for fog lights, there was a reason for that

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run rigid LEDs and just keep amber snap covers for fog or heavy snow. works great.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not just buy the snap on colored lens covers? They are about 8 bucks a piece
Because Rigid now sells a DOT approved fog light which does not blind the FAWK out of oncoming traffic like when the douche bags pretend their Rigid driving lights are fog lights and put cheap covers on them.

Few things piss me off more than the idiots who put the rigid duallies in the bumper and pretend they are fog lights when in reality they are a bright as hell driving light but people just run around blinding thinking all is well because the button in their vehicle says fog.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find their brightness anywhere in the specs. Like Stomp'n Tom says, be sure not to get ones that are too bright or you won't be able to use them on the highway. I put a set of VisionX ones in my truck only to find they were so ridiculously bright that I can only use them off road.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell some amber ones that are great for fog. Not overly bright. never high beamed. Cheap too- 60$ each light. Really work well in the fog.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
I just picked up a 20 inch dual LED light today. I will install it on my F250 center of the bumper. Comes complete with wiring harness and relays if you need but if your truck has switches built into the dash you will not need the harness. Pm if u want to know where and the price.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell some amber ones that are great for fog. Not overly bright. never high beamed. Cheap too- 60$ each light. Really work well in the fog.

DOT approved?

One thing you will notice allot now in BC is all sorts of LED driving lights traveling around with duct tape on them provided by the RCMP while they write you a ticket. It is one of the items they have become very proactive on. If your lens does not have the proper DOT/CSE numbering on it, your part of the problem, not part of the solution.

canadiancon

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having good driving lights or a light bar, as long as they are used properly, like shutting them off before traffic approaches etc. I'll take a ticket any day over a moose coming through my windshield.

Top Bottom