Yelling at booth attendants????

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I can't wait for the "alternative delivery methods" to catch on..... I have stock in most of them......lol

I can't believe that people are still smoking pot inside the cabins. there's far better delivery options available that allow one to sit in the warm cabin and listen to the drunken loud fawks swilling their beers.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This likely doesn't need to be posted on a forum but here goes.... call me the devil cause I pack and drink 2-3 beer in my pack for on the hill. They're spread throughout the day. I will not pollute the cabin with my beer. It's not needed. They are shared throughout the day at strategic points. Any gettin f up at the cabin is total horse****. Weed or booze in the cabin doesn't belong. To be thorough anyone with concerns about me having a beer please pm me. We can setup a check stop.

If I still sledded I would meat up to you and have a beer with you! I pack a few beer to have through out the day. I pack out what I pack in I don't litter, I almost always come out with more then I pack in. I also don't want to see anyone get righ smashed on the hill. But any adult can have a beer or to and be good. Most of the time I get stuck and sweat it out 5 min later lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to an old fashioned whupping?
Promoting respect and manners requires you need kick some ass once in awhile.
Cause something like that would offend the delicate types these days. And we can't go doing that now.. even though they offend us with their arrogant stupidity.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people can have serious job/professional reprocussions if they get caught with even a small amount of drugs in their system . Especially if they have an accident, mishap , mistake . A strangers selfishness can really hurt someone who was exposed to Marijuana by some douche with no clue. If u want to smoke pot or drink on the hill do it away from others . If your drunk or stoned and hurt someone else in a situation where you were even 1% impaired be prepared to own up to your mistake

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I don`t think there is need for details. People get frustrated and take it out on the first person they see working front line. I would hope that if any of you see this happening to someone you step up and tell them to stop.

I will yell at them all I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANT IN HOT TIMS COFFEE!

Even take a hot choclate, they like that also................

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the cabin and on the hill, I am disappointed how the young and old behave when they saddle up on a sled. Its like we are drunk on sled dope. Some can't handle it.
I am truly embarrassed with the behavior of my brethren, of whom I would throw all that I had into helping rescue in the event of a accident, in the town at the restuarants and gas stations.
Again drunk on sled dope and some of us can't handle it and it goes over the top sometimes.
I see the faces of the locals when some idiot bellows out that " this town needs me more than I need this town".
I suddenly wished I was not wearing my Polaris toque or hat, because it associates me with those nutsacks.
With all the S&M'ers out there, most of you seem like really good people to go riding with or even sitting around the campfire having a few beers.
Maybe we need to get S&M support for the local towns, cabins, and our hills.
Seems like we are from all over the country, even the USA, so our presence could be almost every where, every weekend.
The local Clubs already have their rules for the area, but may not always be represented because of smaller numbers, but if S&M can align with the clubs, bigger numbers, more influence everywhere.
Not saying we need to be the Police, but when I stand up to some Nutsack misbehaving, its a good feeling when another couple guys wearing S&M patches that I have never met, stand up with me, I think we would like the changes.

What about something like a "S&M Code of Conduct" signs of stickers to post with 5 Conduct Codes.
1. Pack out what you pack in.
2. No Smoking of any kind in the cabin
3. Show respect for people, local Clubs and their property
4. If you get drunk or stoned on the hill, it ruins everybody else's day
5. Riding here is a privilege, not an entitlement because you can afford it.

Thoughts?

That's my Sunday rant. :coffee1:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for the "alternative delivery methods" to catch on..... I have stock in most of them......lol
Haha my buddy is a teacher and the "kids" are now soaking tampoons in vodka and shoveling them in their backdoors.

Intsa drunk.

Sounds awesome, but
I just can't work up the courage to try it.....

I don't I don't think anyone would mind or know if you where stumbling around the cabin with one of those in the chamber.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will yell at them all I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANT IN HOT TIMS COFFEE!

Even take a hot choclate, they like that also................
I don't yell at them, but sometimes I whistle.

Not my fault that the lady that works in the boulder parking lot is a stone cold fox.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the cabin and on the hill, I am disappointed how the young and old behave when they saddle up on a sled. Its like we are drunk on sled dope. Some can't handle it.
I am truly embarrassed with the behavior of my brethren, of whom I would throw all that I had into helping rescue in the event of a accident, in the town at the restuarants and gas stations.
Again drunk on sled dope and some of us can't handle it and it goes over the top sometimes.
I see the faces of the locals when some idiot bellows out that " this town needs me more than I need this town".
I suddenly wished I was not wearing my Polaris toque or hat, because it associates me with those nutsacks.
With all the S&M'ers out there, most of you seem like really good people to go riding with or even sitting around the campfire having a few beers.
Maybe we need to get S&M support for the local towns, cabins, and our hills.
Seems like we are from all over the country, even the USA, so our presence could be almost every where, every weekend.
The local Clubs already have their rules for the area, but may not always be represented because of smaller numbers, but if S&M can align with the clubs, bigger numbers, more influence everywhere.
Not saying we need to be the Police, but when I stand up to some Nutsack misbehaving, its a good feeling when another couple guys wearing S&M patches that I have never met, stand up with me, I think we would like the changes.

What about something like a "S&M Code of Conduct" signs of stickers to post with 5 Conduct Codes.
1. Pack out what you pack in.
2. No Smoking of any kind in the cabin
3. Show respect for people, local Clubs and their property
4. If you get drunk or stoned on the hill, it ruins everybody else's day
5. Riding here is a privilege, not an entitlement because you can afford it.

Thoughts?

That's my Sunday rant. :coffee1:

No S&M patrol as its the norm that folks should know this on their own.

If grown ups and youngers are at the cabin staging area, one of the club folks will address these issues since its their area,,, plus the locals know one another.

I've seen this first hand a few times as they have addressed issues, and continue to do so.

Each area threw out BC has active members, so if things are getting out of control, contact the folks out there as soon as possible with these concerns as they will address them fast and efficiently.

Lem

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to eagles last week and paid the lady.. She said trailers wer going to the second staging area, I quickly was hesitant and she reaffirmed it would not be a problem.. Took here for her advice and tried the big hill.. Spun out very close to top and slid back, with in a foot of going over the side.. Rd was one ice.. hard to be nice with info like that. 25 dollar charge on top for it

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope if anyone were to witness this they'd speak up this year I've been taking my young son and nephew up if they get cold I hope they don't have to get high to warm up there are families who still ride get a clue people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

damn right man! Last year I had my son with me and we went to warm up in a nice new cabin that we helped build through a descent donation and there were two guys smokin a joint inside. I asked if they could scoot outside because my little buddy was comin in and the little fella decided to be the man...I am not a fan of violence, nor do I think I have to or should turn to smashing some little s&$t in the face because he was blow in smoke in my direction and lookin at me like he was a gangster. The guy he was with saw my son walking up and told him there's a kid coming in and he walked out on the front deck and kept going. I told my son to stay outside and layed into this guy that this is a kid, do whatever you wanna do but do it outside, my kid is cold, and I don't want to sit in here with that crap and my son sure as hell isn't gonna be in here with it either. We packed up and got our gear back on the sled, the lippy one started spouting off at me, so we circled back up to the front door and I walked in. When there was 6'2" and 285lbs of yelling dad in his face telling him to smarten up he was really quiet and said sorry about 30 times. I told him to think of kids ....have fun do your thing but think about kids!

so yeah, not cool that I lost it but that ever happens and I am around I will stand up and politely ask them to smarten up. I'm not the police, don't care what you do, but my kids aren't going to be in a place where anyone will disrespect their right to be there...

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope if anyone were to witness this they'd speak up this year I've been taking my young son and nephew up if they get cold I hope they don't have to get high to warm up there are families who still ride get a clue people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

damn right man! Last year I had my son with me and we went to warm up in a nice new cabin that we helped build through a descent donation and there were two guys smokin a joint inside. I asked if they could scoot outside because my little buddy was comin in and the little fella decided to be the man...I am not a fan of violence, nor do I think I have to or should turn to smashing some little s&$t in the face because he was blow in smoke in my direction and lookin at me like he was a gangster. The guy he was with saw my son walking up and told him there's a kid coming in and he walked out on the front deck and kept going. I told my son to stay outside and layed into this guy that this is a kid, do whatever you wanna do but do it outside, my kid is cold, and I don't want to sit in here with that crap and my son sure as hell isn't gonna be in here with it either. We packed up and got our gear back on the sled, the lippy one started spouting off at me, so we circled back up to the front door and I walked in. When there was 6'2" and 285lbs of yelling dad in his face telling him to smarten up he was really quiet and said sorry about 30 times. I told him to think of kids ....have fun do your thing but think about kids!

so yeah, not cool that I lost it but that ever happens and I am around I will stand up and politely ask them to smarten up. I'm not the police, don't care what you do, but my kids aren't going to be in a place where anyone will disrespect their right to be there...

Man it must of been hard not to beat his face in expose my kid to drugs your gonna regret it good on you for educating the retards I could give a **** what people do just keep it away from the kids not to much to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough not to lose your temper and sometimes I believe that's the reason this **** happens , cause so many guys have grown up without the fear of getting an overhand right to the beak. In cases like fast farmer was relaying and in the booth attendants case, I think we should all start just taking a picture , (if you choose not to boot them in the nuts or try and bust their nose), and post it everywhere. I think for even the biggest moron out there, there is still a pile of intimidation when you know that everyone in your peer group is gonna see you in all your glory doing stupid crap. Don't argue, just take the pic , parking lot dumbass's, cabin creatures, ticket booth abusers, even trail morons , pictures of the trucks (guys know whose truck it is) and post them here, Facebook, snoweset, everywhere. It'll help, once guys know this is gonna be the new norm, even the yappiest , attention seeking inconsiderate tard will think twice after being confronted a few times and having to explain the picture and what the hell he was thinking. This problem IMO is about no consequences for your actions. Our friggen law courts should do the same, maybe there would be a reduction in the repeat offenders due to really no consequences.
Kinda sad, we used to just get a couple willing participants together and show guys the proper way, and then offer them a bandaid to stop the bleeding after they got smarter, and it worked , but not anymore.
I think the picture thing will work very well, everyone has a camera with em and no real conflict at the scene of the dumbassery.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is interesting. The funny thing is i have never really seen an issue in any of the places i go. Every one is usually happy and pumped about riding.
I cover many different areas through out the province and pretty much always had good experiences, i would say the biggest complaint is ATV's pounding the sled trail and rutting it up for a kilometer or two.
The one thing i can say and i'm not sure if this is the reason, but i tend to avoid busy areas as much as possible and don't ride areas near the Alberta border as they seem to be a gong show every time i've gone near them. There seem to be a different type of mentality in these popular easterly riding areas. So most of my riding is kept west of Revelstoke to the coast.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough not to lose your temper and sometimes I believe that's the reason this **** happens , cause so many guys have grown up without the fear of getting an overhand right to the beak. In cases like fast farmer was relaying and in the booth attendants case, I think we should all start just taking a picture , (if you choose not to boot them in the nuts or try and bust their nose), and post it everywhere. I think for even the biggest moron out there, there is still a pile of intimidation when you know that everyone in your peer group is gonna see you in all your glory doing stupid crap. Don't argue, just take the pic , parking lot dumbass's, cabin creatures, ticket booth abusers, even trail morons , pictures of the trucks (guys know whose truck it is) and post them here, Facebook, snoweset, everywhere. It'll help, once guys know this is gonna be the new norm, even the yappiest , attention seeking inconsiderate tard will think twice after being confronted a few times and having to explain the picture and what the hell he was thinking. This problem IMO is about no consequences for your actions. Our friggen law courts should do the same, maybe there would be a reduction in the repeat offenders due to really no consequences.
Kinda sad, we used to just get a couple willing participants together and show guys the proper way, and then offer them a bandaid to stop the bleeding after they got smarter, and it worked , but not anymore.
I think the picture thing will work very well, everyone has a camera with em and no real conflict at the scene of the dumbassery.

What happens if they try to take your phone away? Are you allowed to engage in violence at that point?

Top Bottom