Yelling at booth attendants????

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is interesting. The funny thing is i have never really seen an issue in any of the places i go. Every one is usually happy and pumped about riding.
I cover many different areas through out the province and pretty much always had good experiences, i would say the biggest complaint is ATV's pounding the sled trail and rutting it up for a kilometer or two.
The one thing i can say and i'm not sure if this is the reason, but i tend to avoid busy areas as much as possible and don't ride areas near the Alberta border as they seem to be a gong show every time i've gone near them. There seem to be a different type of mentality in these popular easterly riding areas. So most of my riding is kept west of Revelstoke to the coast.
Although the incidents maybe rare, all it takes is to happen once in front of the wrong people that use it against us.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happens if they try to take your phone away? Are you allowed to engage in violence at that point?

LOL, good point deaner. Personally i believe you are always allowed to use violence as a training tool, if you choose that route. This is more for the ones who choose to avoid that type of educational methods for whatever reason.

Donegal-BCSF

Reaction score
Website
www.bcsf.org
Just want to add to this...These people are employees or volunteers. The parking lot or booth is their worksite. That does not give anyone the right to yell at them and violence in the workplace is taken very seriously. RCMP should be called and these instances should be reported. Powder puff is right they are hitting the first person they see with their gripes. But that does not make it right nor should it be a fact of the job. Imagine you were the employee working in a remote location faced with angry people that make you afraid to go to work. I have heard reports from booth workers of people threatening them, nearly getting running over by people refusing to pay, getting nearly run over from trucks sliding, and even instances of personal stalking of booth attendants. There have been RCMP reports in some cases and even restraining orders. It blows my mind...It is snowmobiling people it is supposed to be fun :). It is a low snow year in many areas of the Province no amount of yelling is going to change any of that.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man it must of been hard not to beat his face in expose my kid to drugs your gonna regret it good on you for educating the retards I could give a **** what people do just keep it away from the kids not to much to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me, if it was a different era and situation my helmet would have cracked his face open I am not going to break my hand on someone's face anymore... The point got across, but the blood was boiling. I made the choice to get out if there, and your right, no one is going to disrespect my kids....nothing good will come from that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough not to lose your temper and sometimes I believe that's the reason this **** happens , cause so many guys have grown up without the fear of getting an overhand right to the beak. In cases like fast farmer was relaying and in the booth attendants case, I think we should all start just taking a picture , (if you choose not to boot them in the nuts or try and bust their nose), and post it everywhere. I think for even the biggest moron out there, there is still a pile of intimidation when you know that everyone in your peer group is gonna see you in all your glory doing stupid crap. Don't argue, just take the pic , parking lot dumbass's, cabin creatures, ticket booth abusers, even trail morons , pictures of the trucks (guys know whose truck it is) and post them here, Facebook, snoweset, everywhere. It'll help, once guys know this is gonna be the new norm, even the yappiest , attention seeking inconsiderate tard will think twice after being confronted a few times and having to explain the picture and what the hell he was thinking. This problem IMO is about no consequences for your actions. Our friggen law courts should do the same, maybe there would be a reduction in the repeat offenders due to really no consequences.
Kinda sad, we used to just get a couple willing participants together and show guys the proper way, and then offer them a bandaid to stop the bleeding after they got smarter, and it worked , but not anymore.
I think the picture thing will work very well, everyone has a camera with em and no real conflict at the scene of the dumbassery.

Yeah I think taking pictures and posting them could help, could go both ways though... I guess it's making a point of getting everyone on the same page and singing the same tune. Curtis was choked when he walked into a cabin and found a disgusting mess, no one can be bothered to clean things up or act like an adult...pathetic

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure that confirming others are taking their trailers on the the second staging area is the volunteer's fault. If no one was making it you would not have been the only one sliding down the hill backwards and there would have been at least one vehicle and trailer blocking the road. Were you all chained up?

Went to eagles last week and paid the lady.. She said trailers wer going to the second staging area, I quickly was hesitant and she reaffirmed it would not be a problem.. Took here for her advice and tried the big hill.. Spun out very close to top and slid back, with in a foot of going over the side.. Rd was one ice.. hard to be nice with info like that. 25 dollar charge on top for it

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1475.JPG

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent a couple days at revy last week, must say the booth attendant at Boulder a very pleasant lady :)

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode hunters range on the 28th, as we were pulling up to the booth a guy came walking out from the parking lot and started yelling at the attendant because the snow was too deep and his truck (rental with all season tires towing a 4 place trailer) got stuck and has to park on the road now, big whoop. Pretty frustrating how some people feel entitled to yell at someone else for there problems. Sorry that you bought the s***y rental truck bud but don't blame the volunteer

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode hunters range on the 28th, as we were pulling up to the booth a guy came walking out from the parking lot and started yelling at the attendant because the snow was too deep and his truck (rental with all season tires towing a 4 place trailer) got stuck and has to park on the road now, big whoop. Pretty frustrating how some people feel entitled to yell at someone else for there problems. Sorry that you bought the s***y rental truck bud but don't blame the volunteer
Did ya pop him one in the face

Lots of people need a how to deal with there own stupid sh!t nowadays, and thinking that's the only way

sent while drinking tea's

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did ya pop him one in the face

Lots of people need a how to deal with there own stupid sh!t nowadays, and thinking that's the only way

sent while drinking tea's

We should of...this guy was a total loser. My buddy flipped him off as we chewed into the lot past him but unfortunately he didnt see lol

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We"ll heres my 2cents - most riders have truck/deck or trailer hauling there sleds - its a few dollars spent on the sport - to spend $25 on a day pass is some what inexpensive! Being the holiday season with so many sledders just takes its tole on the trail - alot of sledders are just Braaaapping around every corner and making the trail worse ! Having a groomed trail that takes several hours ( in my area around 15hrs daily ) is a luxury - just imagine getting to the alpine 25 km later on a whopped out trail ! We've have had decent trail in the am but with so much traffic the trail not so nice coming down ! Just because mother nature has not blessed us with the perfect conditions for every individual does not mean we should blame someone else or take our frustration on them ! Maintaining a trail doesn't come free - groomers have to be purchased, maintained and usually need a driver ! $$$ My hats of to snowmobile clubs that try there best to accommodate us sledders and make it more enjoyable for everyone ! Cheers

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We"ll heres my 2cents - most riders have truck/deck or trailer hauling there sleds - its a few dollars spent on the sport - to spend $25 on a day pass is some what inexpensive! Being the holiday season with so many sledders just takes its tole on the trail - alot of sledders are just Braaaapping around every corner and making the trail worse ! Having a groomed trail that takes several hours ( in my area around 15hrs daily ) is a luxury - just imagine getting to the alpine 25 km later on a whopped out trail ! We've have had decent trail in the am but with so much traffic the trail not so nice coming down ! Just because mother nature has not blessed us with the perfect conditions for every individual does not mean we should blame someone else or take our frustration on them ! Maintaining a trail doesn't come free - groomers have to be purchased, maintained and usually need a driver ! $$$ My hats of to snowmobile clubs that try there best to accommodate us sledders and make it more enjoyable for everyone ! Cheers

I'll ride Chappell Creek on a whooped out trail for the rest of my life! VARDA does a pretty bang up job keeping on top of things, and it's consistent which shows they have a program and people that work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom