Year end service??

dmac101

Reaction score
well its getting to be that time to park the summit. was wondering what the year end service from the dealer consists of? is their any point in taking it in.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The E-tech can summerize itself. Instructions are in the owner's manual. Stabilizer in the tank. Grease the nipples. Lift it off the ground if you can to take pressure off the suspension. Cover on loosely so condensation doesn't build up. Should be good. I'll check the clutches etc. preseason in case a little critter or two decides to make home of my Summit over the summer. Always a sad day until I walk outside and see my fishing boat. :)

Last edited:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more small thing I do is to put a piece of steel wool in the end with of the exhaust to keep the critters out. Not sure if they'd ever attempt to climb through the oily exhaust, but not taking a chance.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more small thing I do is to put a piece of steel wool in the end with of the exhaust to keep the critters out. Not sure if they'd ever attempt to climb through the oily exhaust, but not taking a chance.

Oh yes those little buggers will crawl in and make a nest and pack wheat on top of your pistons and mouse piss and cab brass fittings do not blend well at all. Steel wool or a really old oily rag keeps them out for me. I just start sleds once a month in the summer and smoke out the shop. Have never used stabilizer in sleds but you must run them once a month or you will get varnish deposits in carbs or where fuel evaporates so stabilizer is good protection. Skid plate on an old milk crate and back end on a bumper stand so suspension hangs. If you are not going to run your sled then I would suggest dooing as doo suggests.

Top Bottom