Yamaha sidewinder makes 200+hp on dyno

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
276 views and 3 replies, i see this thread has really separated the virginas from the men. Makes me think of Spartacus and his 300 standing alone.
That's because this forum is full of tree riding virgina's and extremely skilled toopy dolls and ballerinas. They wouldn't know where to start on a mans sled without their crutches.

Yamaha has more then stepped up their game, they are keeping the extreme elite at the top and not in the foot hills. Smart, while BRP and Polaris are fighting for their dominance in the average rider, Yamaha concentrates on the few thin atmosphere riders. THANKS YAMAHA, just what i've been waiting for, glad to see them Dyno numbers.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
276 views and 3 replies, i see this thread has really separated the virginas from the men. Makes me think of Spartacus and his 300 standing alone.
That's because this forum is full of tree riding virgina's and extremely skilled toopy dolls and ballerinas. They wouldn't know where to start on a mans sled without their crutches.

Yamaha has more then stepped up their game, they are keeping the extreme elite at the top and not in the foot hills. Smart, while BRP and Polaris are fighting for their dominance in the average rider, Yamaha concentrates on the few thin atmosphere riders. THANKS YAMAHA, just what i've been waiting for, glad to see them Dyno numbers.

You mean Leonidas. Get your facts straight. 4 replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol still salty I see. I really don't see what your issue is with tree riders as there's a good number that have ridden with you and always treated you and KB well and respectfully.

The HP is certainly impressive and the narrower profile could help make it a more well rounded sled for technical situations. I would like to demo one before I decide what my next machine will be.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah all the best riders are on Yamaha...lol 200hp stock sled is pretty cool though.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah all the best riders are on Yamaha...lol 200hp stock sled is pretty cool though.

Not that it matters, but I wonder why CB really jumped off the yammy ship, to hop on the polaris wagon. To me, HE was the rider to be like. He was doing what other guys were, on a sled that by all accounts, shouldn't.

Anyway, good work yammy. You have set the bar again.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I seen it but figured it deserved it's own thread:cool::beer:

Heck yeah it does - this is the biggest news of the 2017 model year of any manufacturer!

Now I'm getting stoked...if it came in at 180HP I wouldn't have been so excited, but 204? Fawk yeah Yamaha - great job!

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish we had a dealer in town, I'd sure like to try one out, never been on a boosted sled before and I'm sure this sled is way more nimble then my nytro.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are getting as bad as Maxwell with Doo, except his rants are somewhat entertaining, you just sound like a b****. What do you want from people over this... An 1100 turbo with a $500 box creates 200hp. Dont get me wrong, I know thats not an exact apples to apples and I am excited about the tech involved in this motor but not earth shattering news. Do it with a weight cut and you will get people talking. But then again, what do I know, Im just a tree bashn' creek smashn pussy.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These type of threads are amusing. No matter how much power a 4S has, the 2S riders will never gravitate to them because of weight - I hear time and time again that the 4S doesn't work in the trees, and honestly, it is a much bigger workout. But the same 2S riders will line up against 2S sleds all day long to see who's faster up a hill, where the boosted 4S will annihilate the 2S, period. So ride what you like, and quit worrying about which one is the "best", cause they all have their strengths and weaknesses. A good rider (by my definition), can ride anything and make it look good, period (I'm not that guy). So when the snow is deep and fluffy and I can see more then two feet in front of my sled, I ride my boosted 4S. When the visibility sucks and I have to ride in the trees, I'll likely ride the big bore 2 stroke. And when spring hits and the snow is crusty, I'd rather stay home...

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride a boosted 4 stroke for half a day or day and one might change their mind. I did.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but I wonder why CB really jumped off the yammy ship, to hop on the polaris wagon. To me, HE was the rider to be like. He was doing what other guys were, on a sled that by all accounts, shouldn't.

Anyway, good work yammy. You have set the bar again.

He left because of a disagreement,not because he didn't want to ride the 4 Stroke sled.:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
SO THE BOOST-IT BOYZ WITH THEIR INTERCOOLED T3'S WERE BEATING UP ON THE 4 STROKES IN REVY, SAYS NM :

Had ourselves a friendly two stroke vs four stroke Winternutz vs Boost-It chute out in Revy last weekend.
The Boost-It Doos were dominant being the only sleds to climb Armpit in Monster bowl, Runway 4 left hook in Airport, 90 and Campout in lower bullpen. They also climbed all other airport chutes, Gash chute in Monster, Sweny St in Bullpen and all Finger chutes in Turtle. It's amazing how far two strokes have come in the last few years.

https://youtu.be/galYngQ7UmM

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Four strokes have been climbing all the chutes listed since 2006 lol. You 2 smoke guys are brainwashed.
SO THE BOOST-IT BOYZ WITH THEIR INTERCOOLED T3'S WERE BEATING UP ON THE 4 STROKES IN REVY, SAYS NM :

Had ourselves a friendly two stroke vs four stroke Winternutz vs Boost-It chute out in Revy last weekend.
The Boost-It Doos were dominant being the only sleds to climb Armpit in Monster bowl, Runway 4 left hook in Airport, 90 and Campout in lower bullpen. They also climbed all other airport chutes, Gash chute in Monster, Sweny St in Bullpen and all Finger chutes in Turtle. It's amazing how far two strokes have come in the last few years.

https://youtu.be/galYngQ7UmM

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Four strokes have been climbing all the chutes listed since 2006 lol. You 2 smoke guys are brainwashed.

funny how the changing of the guard has happened.... 2 stroke turbos won that friendly challenge with the 4 stroke turbos on that day..... maybe another day might have a different outcome. and not like they aren't all good riders, lotsa the big names were there ;)

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Agreed they have but they sure had a lot of trouble last Friday. Awesome riders on both team 4 stroke and 2 stroke. The depth of snow (1.5-2' or so of fresh) should have complemented the torque of the 4S sleds but the ability of the lighter 2S to get up on the snow was the reason they were able to make the cut at the Masters this year.

Top Bottom