yamaha nytro rear skid options.

looneyrod27

Reaction score
Whats everyone running? I have a 2010 nytro mtx 162 with the mountain air skid. I installed coupler blocks from a polaris dragon into the rear and love it now. Whats everyones favourite? Also what are people running for clutching on a 270 mcx turbo kit for the same sled? Thanks

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Racers edge rear arm has been great for me. Lots of other guys run it as well. Clutching, 8bu's fully loaded, blue/white/blue in the primary, cat green or epi purple in the secondary, 49 degree helix should be close

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year of dragon did the blocks come from, and could you post a photo ? I would like to ge my wheelie monster under control without a total skid change.

looneyrod27

Reaction score
not sure how to post pics on here but if you give me your email address ill take a couple pics and email to you. is your sled 2010 or newer?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will pm you my email. My sled is a 2010 162

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have 2 Yamaha Nytro Black's in our fleet one with a Timbersled rear suspension with Z Broz coil over shocks and mine has the K-mod suspension with Raptor shocks. Both sleds have the OFT two wheel kits on them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my K-Mod suspension and Raptor shocks IF I were to ever buy another sled and it wouldn't matter the maunfacturer I would be replacing the rear skid for the K-Mod and Raptor package it is THAT good!!!

Jan

PS We don't sell any of the above mentioned products either!!!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a 2008 cat nite fire skid. Works good, sits a bit low for running board drag but stable and cheap. Was running 8BU's loaded but hitting limiter in shallow snow. Went to 64g heavy hitters and shockwave and blue white blue and purple epi

Top Bottom