Yamaha Grizzly 80? Junk?

jockdoc

Reaction score
Hey guys. Do any of you guys own a Grizzly 80? I am wondering if they are OK, or should a guy avoid them and wait to get a bigger quad for a 10 year old?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 for the last 6 years. Had them since new. Gas and go. Only thing had to replace the brakes. It will haul a 10 year old around no problem

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An 80 may be a bit small for a ten year old. My boy is 11 and on an Arctic cat 150. He rides that machine to its full potential. The daughter has an arctic cat 90 and she is nine years old. They can both go up a size in machines. But they have also been riding since they were 4 years old.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I rode the daughters Breeze (older version of the grizzly) in the snow and mud Jamboree rally after cooking mine the day before and it was a blast... Most 10 year olds will be fine on an 80, it's not a matter of "too small" just a matter of "want bigger" that 80 hauled my fat azz across rivers, up hills, through sloughs and everywhere else the big boys went. Just have to keep an eye on the brakes, they don't seem to last very long....

An 80 may be a bit small for a ten year old. My boy is 11 and on an Arctic cat 150. He rides that machine to its full potential. The daughter has an arctic cat 90 and she is nine years old. They can both go up a size in machines. But they have also been riding since they were 4 years old.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very true Bogger. The kids 90 and 150 go everywhere we take the big quads. You may have to skirt around the mud holes but they go lots of places. They are two awesome machines to ride and are a lot of fun. If that 150 came with 4x4 my boy would own them there hills even more than he does now. And yes he wears out a few sets of brakes each year

jockdoc

Reaction score
Great information. I'll keep my eyes open for an AC 150. Thanks a ton!!

Top Bottom