y pipe, reeds, can, and y pipe, fuel controller needed?

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
just like the title says, wondering do i need a fuel controller, im running a jaws can right now and an intake that i think is slp. i wanted to add reeds and a y pipe because i heard i can run all that without needing a fuel controller, can anyone confirm?

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
and a timing key? whats them things all about? see im interested in a little more snap but dont want to have to rely on a fuel controller, my last sled blew up when the boondocker failed. so a little more snap and maintain reliability. any help would be great

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have reeds, slp intake and bigger hole in box, y pipe and can on a 08 no controller, ran good for 2 years(y pipe for sale)

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based on your screen name I am guessing you ride an M7? In any case, a definitive answer you will not get, only opinion. Every engine is a bit different, and furthermore, fuel pressure varies greatly between M-series sleds from what I've experienced. Timing will add power, but it will also add heat, so be sure to run good fuel for your combination - EGT's are a good idea as well. A bit of advice: If you want your sled to be reliable as a hammer, keep it stock. Once you start modding, be prepared to spend money, and time tuning. I haven't used any product out of the box that didn't require some tweaking.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help, I did ride an M7, sold it last spring and now have a 2010 m8. I have pondered and beat my brains but I think i might leave the sled pretty much stock this year, just keep the jaws can and bikeman intake on it and get a bikeman clutch kit, vents and gas rack. I really want a good running machine and a reliable one, besides I can't spend to much money if I want my Beamer next spring

Top Bottom