XP Vent Kits

spoulter

Reaction score
Looking to install some vents on a 2012 XP (clutch & exhaust side) What have you installed or what do you recommend?? Thanks.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had emailed JC vents before Xmas here is what they emailed back if this helps:

for the 2012 XP customers have been getting the upper & lower side vent combo because the doo dealers said not to modify the back side of panels (Knee area) because it will change the cooling effect of the new guard. I cant confirm that is the case. We have a 2012 in our group that we just put the side vents on and works good, we didn't put any on his knee area. We plan on putting my side panels on his when we get a chance to see how they work.

Snow conditions around here aren't very good right now so all we are going is trying to get break-in miles on our new sleds trail riding because there's not quite enough to boondock. That 2012 Etec X 163 has a nice ride.

Thanks for your interest in our Vent kits
Happy Holidays

Summit69

Reaction score
I have xxxmodrods 5 piece vent kit for clutch and exhaust vents. I also put the console vents in as well but I dont think they make a kit for the e-tec consoles yet. I like the kit, 3 vents on the clutch side keep the airflow all the time.

Littledoo10

Reaction score
I just picked up the same kit that summit69 is talkin about, only difference is i got te vents for that nose piece with all the hole, the black V shape. Check out Lacustoms in edmonton. Troy lakusta and his bro have the shop and are giving pretty good prices

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have JC's vents on my 2012 etek; top and bottom on both side panels, the v-vent for the hood, and the front grill vent for behind the bumper.

great product and IMHO, you get what you pay for. These are water cut aluminum with steel rivets and your choice of venting (fine, medium, course).

This is the third machine (2008, 10, and 12 Summit) I have used his vents and couldn't be happier. He is a top notch guy and has a great product.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have JC's vents on my 2012 etek; top and bottom on both side panels, the v-vent for the hood, and the front grill vent for behind the bumper.

great product and IMHO, you get what you pay for. These are water cut aluminum with steel rivets and your choice of venting (fine, medium, course).

This is the third machine (2008, 10, and 12 Summit) I have used his vents and couldn't be happier. He is a top notch guy and has a great product.

I just checked out the JC website, what is the purpose of the POD vent? does it let hot air from the engine out?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Looks like it will let out the hot air from the highest point or it can be used to get fresh air to the intake on those high powder days. (that is what Jon used to describe it on the website).

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot air rises and you would be suprized the amount that comes out through this vent.

I just checked out the JC website, what is the purpose of the POD vent? does it let hot air from the engine out?

cbsharp

Reaction score
I agree Jon is great to deal with. I got the side panel vents and the v shaped hood vent and I am very happy with them.
I have JC's vents on my 2012 etek; top and bottom on both side panels, the v-vent for the hood, and the front grill vent for behind the bumper.great product and IMHO, you get what you pay for. These are water cut aluminum with steel rivets and your choice of venting (fine, medium, course). This is the third machine (2008, 10, and 12 Summit) I have used his vents and couldn't be happier. He is a top notch guy and has a great product.

Littledoo10

Reaction score
I seen xxxmods dosnt make one for behind the bumper in the nose cone. Is jc the only guy that dose and can you buy just that mesh piece or do you have to buy a whole front set? I thought when i orderd my vents for that "V" shape piece inbetweem the nose cone and the hood it came with the one behind the bumper from xxxmods, but they dont make them.

Summit69

Reaction score
I seen xxxmods dosnt make one for behind the bumper in the nose cone. Is jc the only guy that dose and can you buy just that mesh piece or do you have to buy a whole front set? I thought when i orderd my vents for that "V" shape piece inbetweem the nose cone and the hood it came with the one behind the bumper from xxxmods, but they dont make them.

XXXmodrods makes a screen cover for the piece between the bumper and hood, they call it "xp stock hole vent covers". Theyre inbetween the "dash and cowl vents" and the "hood vents" on the website

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just remember; you get what you pay for! I ride the trees a lot. I've been there 18 days this year on new vents with the 2012 and last year it was 56 days with the 2010 in the trees. Vents are just like new; they hold together well and the material is first rate.

highstage

Reaction score
Jc vents this guy is top notch I ordered vent for my xp they got lost in the mail called him and we could not track them down he sent me another set asap no trouble good guy and whoever got tje other set send them back to jc he is a good dude and they are nice vents

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xxxmodrod console vents ,menz toys headlight delete,5 peice frogskin kit,and skins side panels on mine,,,,i dont blow belts,

Top Bottom