XP SECONDARY REMOVAL

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had theres off yet and what did you use for a puller / compressor. DJ clutch kit coming. I just finished making a compressor for my 06 rev, looked at the one for sale on Dootalk for $100 I can go through a lot of trial and error.....plus I'm to cheap when I know I can build it. Any help,tips or pics would be a great help. Thanks.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a buddy and I ordered Joe's kits, he bought the compression tool with his order. didn't take any pics (should have) but it was pretty easy to pull the jackshaft and secondary out together after removing the bearing retainer on the inside of the secondary.

the only problem was with the top sprocket, you have to leave the punch or whatever you are using to push the jackshaft out of the chaincase bearing to hold the sprocket in place. that was the easy part, trying to line up the splines to get the shaft back in was a different deal altogether. I ended up hearing the clink of the spacer falling into the bottom of the chaincase, I just let the chain and top sprocket go down into the case and finished installing the shaft. took the cover off later and put the gear on.

after installing the spring compression tool, we got the torx head bolts that hold the secondary together removed, and replaced the stock helix with the DJ one. be sure to get the plastic (delrin) washer out from your stock helix and put it into the new one, it stops the spring from binding into the metal. we replaced the torx head bolts with regular hex head bolts, they were the same height as the torx heads and did not interfere with the bearing retainer once installed.

250 plus miles on the kit so far, good backshift (tho it wasn't really an issue before), the engine braking was very noticable and track speed is quick to build in loose snow. going riding around home in the river hills tomorrow for the first time since installing the helix (above miles were all in Valemount/McBride) and will get to line up with my buddy that weighs about 125lbs soaking wet and his well clutched '02 700 Summit that has been handing me my azz in top speed across the fields in loose snow....

any other questions, don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(sorry for hi-jacking your thread OVERKILL )

No worries! All welcome.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya I have a question teeroy. How did you get your xp to wheelie like that ? (sorry for hi-jacking your thread OVERKILL ) I almost used up a whole bottle of nos trying to get mine to do that.:eek:
just stand on the back of the boards and gas it, it will go for a mile like that if you can find a nice chunk of fresh snow to do it. I'll post my complete setup, seems to be working good. might just be a 146 thing too, tho I can't see 4 extra inches on the ground making it that much harder to wheelie.

19/45 gears
purple/blue primary spring
doo short solid pins @16.8gr
dynamo joe helix, stock sec spring
377 belt (288 worked good too)
fresh air intake mod (in front of sensors)
MBRP can, and removed plastic belt guard (along with the foam on the inside of panels)
relocated tool kit to right footwell
removed foam covered plastic piece on exhaust side, replaced with brace to hold hoses and wire loom
tig welded driveshaft

haven't played with the limiter strap, turned the rear springs up to the 4 position. I run my track really loose, it sags over an inch from my rails when you pick it up. only ratchets when you pancake a creek bank or the like. dunno if that would make much difference, but it's all I can think of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom