XP seat base cut out

Honda619

Reaction score
Has anyone tried cutting a hole on the top of the seat base to use that area for some storage as there isn't any on the XP's. I would like to put my tools in there if it would work as the BRP tunnel bag is a real piece of work ( I Keep breaking zippers).

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read that guys are putting their took kit under there. some cut some foam out and other just jam it in between the plastic and foam.

I heard one account of being able to feel the tool kit when riding on his knee... but on one.

Sounds like a good idea! I'm thinking of leaving my BRP tool kit where it is an putting my own kit under the seat that includes:

10mm wrench,
3/8 ratchet with 1mm socket + 13/16 socket
siphon hose
spark plugs
plug boot
plug wire
short rope for exhaust spring removal.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried cutting a hole on the top of the seat base to use that area for some storage as there isn't any on the XP's. I would like to put my tools in there if it would work as the BRP tunnel bag is a real piece of work ( I Keep breaking zippers).

......Little off the subject but, if ya happen to know anywhere closer to home to ride. (ie..RD area)..I'm in Sylvan and work outa town so don't really know the area or the ppl too well "for riding that is" i'd sure appreciate a push in the right direction!.....usually ride the Mountains, but don't always have the time to travel that far........or if your lookin for a tag along rider, let me know and I'll do the same!

Thanks MADPOW :beer::beer:

Monster Xp

Reaction score
On the exhaust side there is a ledge were the battery would go if you have electric start, i put my tool kit on that with some shoolace wraped around it and tied into the holes above the foot rest, and i just slide it in there. The shoelace keeps it from goin against the exhaust and the side panel stops it from slippen out.

Top Bottom