Xp Re-geared YAHOOOOO!

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had my 154 Everest geared down to a 19 tooth, holy crap does it have tourque. Completely different sled than the last ride. Today my shoulders are so sore from hanging on that it feels like the first ride of the season all over again. Tops out now at about 80 mph and gets there pretty damn quick.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer did it uder warranty. There is a service bulletin that allows them to do it only catch is that you don't get to keep your original gear. Highly reccomend it if you don't care that it won't do 90 mph anymore.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had them add clutch weight to help with over revving. Yesterday I was pulling 8200 max. I couldn't believe the difference with the lower gearing. It just pulls like a freight train from the word go and OMFG hold on if you pin it from about 6500 / 7000 rpm. Now I just need to get it to the steep and deep to really put it through its paces.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When your dealer added the extra weight did he clean the primary too, they seem to get dirt easy and the rollers get sticky.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I geared my 146" xp down to 19/45 as well, made a big difference in the deep snow and made it wheelie like a short track. rode Hasler near Chetwynd today in the brutal cold to test out my intake mod, there is a lot of fresh powder there to play in. 3 feet in the meadows and even more closer to the trees where it's drifted in. will be great when it warms up a bit

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they cleaned the Primary or not. never even thought to ask them. Just waiting on the new belt now to see how the set up will be after that.

Rocketman

Reaction score
My XP 146X went thru 3 belts within 350 kms. Two belts in heavy snow in McBride before Xmas and one more on the lake during the holidays. Dealer warranted two of them (I threw the first one in the garbage out of ignorance :mad:). At the 10 hr check they regeared to 19 T and added some weight to the primary. Also gave me two "test" belts to try out. Ecko Marine at Alberta Beach have been very good to deal with!!!

Spent Thursday / Friday / Saturday at Renshaw and put on 410 km. 300 km of that was on mostly bulletproof windblown snow - we sure went a long ways back on two sunny days :D . Saturday was a powder day and the machine performed great - completely different animal from the 21 T dog. Looking forward to getting back out there.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My XP 146X went thru 3 belts within 350 kms. Two belts in heavy snow in McBride before Xmas and one more on the lake during the holidays. Dealer warranted two of them (I threw the first one in the garbage out of ignorance :mad:). At the 10 hr check they regeared to 19 T and added some weight to the primary. Also gave me two "test" belts to try out. Ecko Marine at Alberta Beach have been very good to deal with!!!

Spent Thursday / Friday / Saturday at Renshaw and put on 410 km. 300 km of that was on mostly bulletproof windblown snow - we sure went a long ways back on two sunny days :D . Saturday was a powder day and the machine performed great - completely different animal from the 21 T dog. Looking forward to getting back out there.
my 146" came with 23/45 gearing, the warranty update calls for a 21t top. I bought my own 19 and installed it, with a 102 link chain instead of the stock 104 link. also added pin weight to 16.8 grams and changed primary spring from the stock purple/purple 160/320 to a purple/blue 160/290. went thru 3 166 belts before changing to the 288 belt from the 600rs race sled. was getting about 60 miles out of each 166, have over 200 miles so far on the 288 with no trouble yet. dealer still doesn't have the new 377, supposed to be getting them at the end of the month. have you experienced the bog when the intake gets covered with snow yet?

Rocketman

Reaction score
Yes the bog was there, especially when feathering the throttle a bit and then pinning it. There was a hestitation there, especially when climbing in deep snow. I do have to keep knocking snow off the intake vent on a regular basis.

Much happier with this machine on the second trip than the first. All told performed quite well. Gas mileage was very good (110 km in Renshaw on heavy snow day and burnt $ 37.00 worth @ $1.15 per litre) so that was a bonus.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone who did the gear change notice a difference in track speed on a hill climb. When I first got the Xp in Nov we went to Revy and the track speed was just under 40mph. After I did the weights and cleaning my track speed went up to 42-44mph. On my last trip out it was about 48mph. I adjusted the oil cable and I think that helped too. I have about 500+ miles on it now and its running good. I`m wanting to try a gear change to see what it will do to the sled. It`ll take me up any hill I`m willing to try now and I`m getting 85-90mph on the trail in Renshaw. my gas mileage in great compared to other machines. We did about 60+ miles in Renshaw last weekend(one day) and I used 26 litres of fuel.

Top Bottom