XP losing power/rpm on the climb?

Black Summit 800

Reaction score
The XP has inherited the same problems that all Rotax engines have had since the 670. Single ring pistons, the worst Clutch ever installed on a snowmobile with one ride bushings . Then add the cooling inconsistency and you have a hard time pin pointing the problem . I have found the two ring pistons and P-85 clutch go a long way in improving the power fade. A stock skidoo engine will fall off more on every poke you take at the hill.

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
The XP has inherited the same problems that all Rotax engines have had since the 670. Single ring pistons, the worst Clutch ever installed on a snowmobile with one ride bushings . Then add the cooling inconsistency and you have a hard time pin pointing the problem . I have found the two ring pistons and P-85 clutch go a long way in improving the power fade. A stock skidoo engine will fall off more on every poke you take at the hill.

Buddy has the 154'' Hillclimb Ed. His sled seems to hold the rpms on pulls all the way, no dropping. Sled has been to the dealer numerous times and they took the starter gear off, pulled the clutches and my 07 144'' chews it for fun on the hills, along with other Xp's. In comparsion my sled runs like a rapped ape from the start unlike his. Any idea why?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have no problems with my XP 154 but one of the first things I did was replace the clutch with one from Cudney Racing and it doesn't drop off at all! :beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom