Xmas - spouse wants..vintage sparkle helmet??

HeavyD111

Reaction score
So I ask what she actually wants this year instead of all the semi lame crap I seem to purchase yearly, and she says she always wanted an open face helmet from the 70s with heavy flake..wtf?? Had many as a kid but all are long gone, so I thought I would ask if anyone had one in decent shape they might want to sell? Size doesn't matter as it will just be shelf art, hoping to find one that isn't too beat up if possible.

Surprised at this request, but that is what keeps it interesting I guess!

Reactions: Dmf

pat84

Reaction score
Builtwell and Bell has what you're after. canadasmotorcycle.ca is a decent place to buy from.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Retro - may need to get one with the bubble flip down visor for riding the old 74 Olimpique!

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a few companies out there still making them, or you can find really cool ones on EBay. Hell, there were two copper/gold ones on Kijiji a few weeks ago.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a purple one and a red one,from a guy at the super flea market in north edmonton.He brings them in new,good prices.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Riverside in St. Albert the other day. On the Yami side upstairs they have several in stock. They resemble the metal flake of a bass boat! Totally a 70's look if I've ever seen them. Open face too!

HeavyD111

Reaction score
Despite spending too much time online often, I had no idea so many varieties were still being made. For what used ones run at on kijiji (naturally most are beat up by now) a new one makes more sense. Thanks guys time to go shopping.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a sick one in silver flake with red maple leafs but I can't bring myself to part with it, sorry.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a sick one in silver flake with red maple leafs but I can't bring myself to part with it, sorry.

My buddy has a "Captain Canada" (cuz, you know, the American Flag one from Easy Rider is called Captain America so of course we need our own Captain) that I've been trying to steal from him forever.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're like me and have an unhealthy appreciation for old crap, eBay can be fantastic.

Here's a few examples I looked up just now.

The cool thing is, that unlike automobile or motorcycle collectables, sled stuff is far less "popular" and therefore much more affordable.

s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1601.jpg

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Wife wanted exact same thing. Found new at toys for boys on edmonton trail in Calgary. First place we looked. Open face helmet red large medal flake.

Top Bottom