xm track change

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 2010 with 7 tooth drivers and 3'' track anybody know if i can swap the 3'' into the new xm
would also like to swap drive axle as well if possible. or do i have to press the drivers on and off

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've asked the same question, and the answer is yes to both the track and shaft/drivers. most people are thinking why would you want to lose the flex edge track? If they rode with the 3" they'd know:mountainClimb:

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats great- thanx
that is the one thing that i need on my new sled a 3'' .don't think i could go back to a smaller track after having one for 2 yrs
i could sidehill my 10 all day so flex edge isn't needed

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A company has a tool that will break the rods in any track

Can't find the thread or I'd post it. Gonna give it a season and let others guinea pig it. Could be cool for everyone if it works out well.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will be going to 8 tooth drivers on two sleds in the next month... if someones close to the hat i will swap drivshafts with their 8 tooth and its done that quick... pm me

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does the three inch fit in a stock sled or do you have to do a drop of the chain case?that would be risky breaking the rods in a new track what if it failed and came apart or something.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Maxwell.... I believe you have something to tell these folks lol...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO I'd leave the stock track on the XM. I didn't like tearing lugs on my 3", and the extra weight of the track, among other things.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. As of today those tracks are going to be much harder to get.

Maxwe

Reaction score
that is because they had so much trouble with them. I am on my third one under warranty and now the lugs are inset half a inch.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is because they had so much trouble with them. I am on my third one under warranty and now the lugs are inset half a inch.

Issues with warranty had nothing to do with the performance of the track IMO.... It was the people mis-using the tracks.... I'd love to get my hands on a 3"....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Issues with warranty had nothing to do with the performance of the track IMO.... It was the people mis-using the tracks.... I'd love to get my hands on a 3"....

I did not mistreat mine and had lug issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom