XM still bogging on right hand turns.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
My 2013 XM SP is still bogging on right hand turns in powder. No issues turning left so I figured it was the exhaust getting plugged but the snow wasn't very deep last weekend and it was doing it worse than ever. Those right turns to go back up in deep snow is exactly where I need the sled to run proper.

I've also switched from the stocker to an MBRP trail can and seen no improvement.

Also, a buddy on a 2014 doesn't have the same problem. Appears to just be my sled.

I don't think it's the fuel pump sucking air because it does it whether the tank is full or near empty.

Obviously I can't reproduce the bogging at the bow cycle shop, so they're not going to do anything. Anyone got ideas?

Is there a new fuel mapping for the 2013's?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its your exhaust. the length of the exit is what does it. for example stock rarely does it, mbrp usually does it, hps never does it. they have a collar that only allows a half inch or so out of the exhaust hole in the belly pan. so the factory snow clearing defector can be effective. where as the mbrp exits the same or lower than the factory deflector.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$_35.JPG

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do I take a marker and hacksaw to the MBRP and trim it back so it's flush?

Or should I find a way to extend the deflector?

all good questions. havent tried either to be honest. and im not 100% sure it WILL solve the issue its just my findings. i dont know if cutting the can down would hurt the way it performs?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all good questions. havent tried either to be honest. and im not 100% sure it WILL solve the issue its just my findings. i dont know if cutting the can down would hurt the way it performs?
I can't see shortening the outlet hurting anything Max? I think any tuning and back pressure concerns are addressed before the outlet.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try a 2" riser clamp on the inside of the belly pan, adjust it so only 1/2" of the tailpipe sticks out?
As long as it doesn't force the silencer too far upwards inside or cause other fitment issues, it might work.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Anyone tried this?

I've contacted them regarding fitment on an XM chassis (this things been around since 2007 and they don't specify what chassis it fits). It kinda looks like it would get caught on stuff (particularly when backing off my trailer).

Ski_Doo_XP_Exhaust_Deflector_Cut_2[1].JPG

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sell the can sounds easier...

I have the Thing, Its ugly but NO bogg none

Someone should email MBRP as they are the most popular and shorten it an inch for next year

sorry we missed ya saturday

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
It would be easy to fab and rivot a slightly larger deflector too ......... js

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris edge chassis had those deflectors. Had the same issue with an slp full pipe setup. Guess the deflector ripped off. Replaced it and all was good.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing the very same thing...

I think it's the air intake because it went away when I cleared the right vent.. but then again it could be the exhaust...:confused:

Fuel

Reaction score
I had a 2013 XM , that I had the MBRP can on, and I kept the can and put it on my new 2014 XM, and I have never had that problem. I ride super deep snow, eagles, revy, etc, and have never ever had a bog.
Just wanted to put it out there , before you start hacking things apart.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Only thing stopping me from cutting her down right now is how much of a pain it was to get in there. The fit on mine was off, took me an hour to install the first time.

Top Bottom