XM Starter Relay

scully

Reaction score
We are installing E start on a XM, It says to install the relay to the wire harness off the main harness on the left side of the oil tank. Well, we have spent more time hunting for this harness than the total install. The sled will start without, but I would asume it is to recharge the battery. Is there any S&Mers that can shed light as to where this harness is hidden? We have tracked every harness that comes off the main harness and found nothing that can plug into the relay. Thanks Scully

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does the connection look like? Mine has an empty socket right beneath the can exhaust sensor line, on the front side of the oil tank?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic..... And I guess it isn't really on the oil tank, but its close lol.

Whitecourt-20130119-00076.jpg

scully

Reaction score
I am looking for a square connector to plug a 5 blade relay into. i would say an inch by inch square. I talked on the phone to a tech on friday, he giggled and said pull the carb air box off and I would see it beside the oil tank. He was also very clear on making sure I zip tie it down. We have looked evrywhere. lol

Top Bottom