xm injection oil leaking

sarem

Reaction score
does anybody know how to solve the problem of injection oil dripping out of tank when sled is upside down?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most likely your oil tank fill hole is out of round. For 20$ u buy a derlin ring and it straightens it out and keeps it from leaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine on its right side a couple times yesterday and all seemed fine. Was this issue addressed on the new sleds?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't fill oil up past 3/4 and it will never leak

If u fill it up, oil expands with heat and pushes out the cap or vent

I can go two long, hard rides on 3/4 to 1/4... No need to have it right full on a etech

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't fill oil up past 3/4 and it will never leak

If u fill it up, oil expands with heat and pushes out the cap or vent

I can go two long, hard rides on 3/4 to 1/4... No need to have it right full on a etech

I would be concerned about getting air bubbles in the system riding with less than half a tank no?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this as well recently on my 13 . Found the tank fill spout was "out of round". Same issue I had on my 08 so no it has not been resolved by BRP. The insert will address the issue. Most dealers or Mod shops should have them on the shelf.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this as well recently on my 13 . Found the tank fill spout was "out of round". Same issue I had on my 08 so no it has not been resolved by BRP. The insert will address the issue. Most dealers or Mod shops should have them on the shelf.

Not sure what the OP has for year of sled, but mine is 2015 and was not passed 3/4 when I picked up.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tank also has a "Max" line marked on the inside of the tank spout so you should be able to fill the tank. My buddies 2015 was not leaking, but the tank seems to be identical.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be concerned about getting air bubbles in the system riding with less than half a tank no?
What would the difference be between half and quarter ??? Even if it was 3/4 full and up side down the bottom would be empty in theory

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Mine leaks out of the breather in the oil cap. If you tighten that oil cap to tight it will, deforms the filler and leaks

X3 and X4

My 13 had an issue... My 15 just see,s to leak out the breather vent...... But could just be being older and takung a lot more time to get the sled back on its wheels.....
As Tex has said,,,, seems to be better if you only fill to 3/4 of a tank.

Yes Maxwell.. same air bubble upside down.....

Not sure of the answer except cleaning and maintenance Or just dont roll them,,,,,, hahahaha

Not sure who rides like that though.. lol

xmsummit154

Reaction score
my 13 had a vent line behind the oil cap that just had a one inch long hose with a plug in it . It somehow got broken off and was wide open to leak out of the tank. Looked on buddys new 15 and they got rid of this vent tube as the cap is vent even on my 13. Just make sure your sled doesn't have this or if it does make sure the hose and plug is still on there.

sarem

Reaction score
definetly will try insert. thought it was the vent/return line initially but had it all apart other day and that hose is attached at tank and motor. hope inset works as my talent level leaves me upsidedown alot!!! makes hell of mess

drunkukrainian

Reaction score
Had the same issue, took it in for that and other warranty stuff. They said they recommend the tank sleeve, but mine wasn't distorted yet, just leaking out the cap breather so they replaced it under warranty.

Top Bottom