XM Handlebar Replacement

wilwap

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Anyone else bend their bars last year on the X ?? They seem pretty cheap....Just wondering what is a good aftermarket bar that resembles the stock?? Liked the way the felt, just don't want to replace with stock and bend them again.

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Anyone else bend their bars last year on the X ?? They seem pretty cheap....Just wondering what is a good aftermarket bar that resembles the stock?? Liked the way the felt, just don't want to replace with stock and bend them again.

Seen rob alford put up hes riding dan treadways signature bars. CFR handlebars.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I replace my bars can I just carefully remove the stock grips and hand warmers and glue them on to my new bars or do I have to get new hand warmers? Also can I just bolt on the XM mountain strap?

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mountain strap is attached to the top clamp of the riser that holds the bars in place. As for the grips, we were able to re-use the rubbers and cork from the old bars. Glue the cork down, and the easiest thing we have found with the rubbers is get a person to plug off one end of the bars with their thumb. Then take an air hose and pressure up the center of the bars. The rubber closest to the air hose will expand so you can slide it off.
7a8a4ema.jpg

Sent from my Shoe Phone

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 13 xm sp, I bent the bars so need replacement! Does anyone know how many degrees pullback the stock sp bars are and what is the best brand of bar to go with?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand they fixed the problem on the 14 sp's. No xfilled holes and a different mount for mountain bar. Havent seen it yet but think im going to get one . Didnt bend mine last year but hate to ruin a trip cause didnt have a spare...

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into the 14' SP bars too. Mine are pretty mangled already and I need a new set but want to maintain the current bar angles etc.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Sheared off my bars at the drilled hole for the mountain strap mount on the 2013 XM sp. It's a terrible design, and those bars are weak to begin with.

As for the hand warmers, you can re-use them if you're careful, but wrap electrical tape around them before you try to slide the grip back on... if you fold the heating element it's toast, $25.

After replacing your bars, check that your handwarmers work or you're in for a cold handed weekend like me. (Rev the XM to 2000rpm to get the grips to come on, they don't work at idle).

I've never tried the air method, but with the drilled holes for the mountain strap, I'm not sure the airgun method will work on an SP. A heat gun and slowly twist-pulling/pushing gets the grips on and off... a pain though.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When does BRP smarten up and fix the problem for us who own the 13's. I have gone and ordered a set of 14's bars as they DO NOT have holes trying to keep from having a repeat of last year. Please see my avitar pic, I broke the handle bars the following day minutes into riding. Getting back to the truck was hell.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never tried the air method, but with the drilled holes for the mountain strap, I'm not sure the airgun method will work on an SP. A heat gun and slowly twist-pulling/pushing gets the grips on and off... a pain though.

We changed out bent 13 sp bars for the 14sp bars. Just leave the bolts in the mountain bar and use enough air pressure. Slid off now problem and worked just as good putting them back on.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Top Bottom