XM EGT sensors failed.......

moonbeam

Reaction score
Had my XM in today to have 2 wire egt replaced which was put on order about a week ago. I was told this is common problem with 2013 etecs and that they were on back order indefinite period of time, then they show up a week later and no one elses have? I had a look and sensors are new but have 09/12 stamped on them. Iwas under the impression that the back order was due to doo getting different sensors that wont fail in 1000k range like so many have. FYI my egt through a code 25 times before check engine light came on, bogged sputtered intermittently and the guy behind ya could smell raw fuel! Ran like crap! Anyway just wondering if anyone else run into this and did i get the right sensors or just a quick fix?????

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird timing. I took my sled in today to dealer for something else, and mentioned that it was showing the check engine light for about 10 seconds sometimes when I started it cold. They called and said the code indicates bad egt sensor and they are supposed to get a new one for it.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since I put two washers under sensor and never had issues again
Had my XM in today to have 2 wire egt replaced which was put on order about a week ago. I was told this is common problem with 2013 etecs and that they were on back order indefinite period of time, then they show up a week later and no one elses have? I had a look and sensors are new but have 09/12 stamped on them. Iwas under the impression that the back order was due to doo getting different sensors that wont fail in 1000k range like so many have. FYI my egt through a code 25 times before check engine light came on, bogged sputtered intermittently and the guy behind ya could smell raw fuel! Ran like crap! Anyway just wondering if anyone else run into this and did i get the right sensors or just a quick fix?????

moonbeam

Reaction score
It may be to much to ask but ive heard of this solving the issue on older models as well, would you be willing to specify the size and location of the washers ie:eek:n larger probe housing(threaded), or underneath top section of the thermocouple? Would be greatly appreciated by many if it works.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me this was on a turbo sled, and prior to adding shims under the señor I had went threw three-sensors

i just found two brass washers that fit perfectly inside the sensor housing, it just raises the location of the sensor one or two mm, and prevents it from burning out

Top Bottom