13 Xm Engine Code Suggestions

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I took out my 13 Summit Xm sp for the first ride of the season ran fantastic with no problems. I did do a top end on it this fall but I don't believe it's a related issue. When I got it home to put it back in the garage I fired it up and immediately had the engine light on when it hadn't been on at all during the ride. The code is P0428. From my research it's related to the egt sensor. I checked the connections and to make sure they didn't work their way out of the pipe at all and all appears to be good. Before I go buy a new one I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue and if there is any tests I can run to be sure that it's just the sensor before I go spend money on new ones? I have read that guys have replaced them only to see the issue come back.

Also I noticed this plug had nothing connected to it it. Is it just a accessory plug or should I have something plugged in there? It's attached to the side of the ecm.

3b5b75341903c376bae3a738a28b7af0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHM the exhaust temp sensor in the pipe to see if it is reading properly before buying a new one. The specs are in the 2013 service manual

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jumped the gun on that one! but we used to have this issue on the cats as well, replace the sensor and go again.

Are 1428 and 0428 the same/related code then?

Also I will try that test out later and see what I find.

Sent from my SM

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys. I will just do a quick ohms test to make sure it is indeed the sensor but I will likely go ahead and replace it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to Bow Ridge and they said that my sled may just need a re flash due to to high voltage output which was a common issue on the 13's apparently, which can trigger fault codes. But if that doesn't solve the issue does anyone have good used EGT sensors kicking around before I go spend $340 on new ones.

Also on a side note after getting it all back together again to get it ready to take it to the dealer I fired it up and the code was no longer displaying. Has anyone had that happen? Does it just come back again later or could it just be a glitch?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to Bow Ridge and they said that my sled may just need a re flash due to to high voltage output which was a common issue on the 13's apparently, which can trigger fault codes. But if that doesn't solve the issue does anyone have good used EGT sensors kicking around before I go spend $340 on new ones.

Also on a side note after getting it all back together again to get it ready to take it to the dealer I fired it up and the code was no longer displaying. Has anyone had that happen? Does it just come back again later or could it just be a glitch?

a lot of codes will clear after a restart

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a lot of codes will clear after a restart

I would have thought that if it was a persistent problem that it would come back on after restart, but i guess not?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have thought that if it was a persistent problem that it would come back on after restart, but i guess not?
Hard fault yes, will cone back asap

Non hard fault won't always come back up

sent while drinking tea's

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have one from my 13, i replaced mine when it was a fuel pressure issue, if you still need one its here.

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have one from my 13, i replaced mine when it was a fuel pressure issue, if you still need one its here.

I may take you up on your offer. The dealer is going to scan/flash it tomorrow but if it doesn't resolve the issue then I may grab yours to try and save some money. They were working when you took them out though? How much do you want for it and do you make your way down this way at all or would you just ship it?

Top Bottom