Xm cover.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having a problem with their xm cover? Mine is scratching my sled like crazy around the seat!!! I have to put gloves on the hand grips to keep the grip from getting any more damage from the cover flapping in the wind, and the white undercover is starting to let go. There is so much slack around the handlebars and the windshield, Looks like pockets for hand guards why would they sew that in on a mtn sled cover??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant say ive ever used the new tarp for more than 20-30km. until yesterday i took a sled back to edmonton and all seemed fine but that is only ONE trip. i bet you log alot of miles with that tarp and probly didnt see any damage at first either

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both our 13 sp's have the covers and haven't had a hitch with either one. Very impressed with the way they work, attach to the sled and travel. Behind the longhorn on an open trailer doing 130km/hr on highway 2 down to the crowsnest. So they have been tested.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant say ive ever used the new tarp for more than 20-30km. until yesterday i took a sled back to edmonton and all seemed fine but that is only ONE trip. i bet you log alot of miles with that tarp and probly didnt see any damage at first either

Actually my first trip to vale is when the damage happened no miles on the sled, I made sure the tarp was tight but it scratched my cowl between seat and the fuel filler, and it wore the end of my left grip bad. I put a blanket over the sled before the cover went on and it still scratched the cowl badly headin to mcbride on the weekend.
The gloves on the bars eliminated the grip damage.
I'll probably pic up a xp cover and try it, at least it fit tight and you could adjust the tension, and it never damaged my xps.

yammyman

Reaction score
Best investment I ever made was a two place Cap Top trailer. Never have to tarp the sleds, 5 minutes to load or offload, keeps 99% of road grime out and is very aerodynamic. If you're looking for a 2 place and you find one of these its sweet.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped trailering with the covers unless really sloppy

put a bungy around just below the bars, i also put a bungy around the seat thru the tunnel.

they will rub a bit regardless, but those two straps will make a world of differance, and after 20 minutes try and stop to re tighten the cover as it will setle a bit.

good luck

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cover also scratches the area between the seat and fuel filler pretty bad. I think I'll try the bunjee idea.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xm covers are complete garbage. The XP covers where poor too but can't believe ski-doo would sell that cover. Flaps like crazy, no wonder they scratch the sled! We could hear the flapping inside of the truck. Snoskinz makes an excellent cover as show on the passenger side of the truck!

http://youtu.be/BWc6wnBT3w4

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco cover is like $49. Its like its made for Skidoo XPs. No damage.
Youd pobably have buy a new one every couple years though if you used it a lot.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll probably pic up a xp cover and try it, at least it fit tight and you could adjust the tension, and it never damaged my xps.

I've tried using the XP cover on my XM and with only a couple of short trips I've managed to wear almost all the paint off the upper a arms. All the better reason to keep the sleds in the enclosed trailer and off the deck until spring.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just gonna spend the money and buy a skinz. I got tired of fixing the extreme cover every year a few times a year.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a strap around the handlebars to stop the flapping. Works really well now, and everything is tight.

Is anyone having a problem with their xm cover? Mine is scratching my sled like crazy around the seat!!! I have to put gloves on the hand grips to keep the grip from getting any more damage from the cover flapping in the wind, and the white undercover is starting to let go. There is so much slack around the handlebars and the windshield, Looks like pockets for hand guards why would they sew that in on a mtn sled cover??

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an adjustment strap right there that you can pull on to make it fit tight.
My cover also scratches the area between the seat and fuel filler pretty bad. I think I'll try the bunjee idea.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a defective one, and first trip out it ripped at the seam by the outside handlebar.
IMG_1125 (1).jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an adjustment strap right there that you can pull on to make it fit tight.

I tried tight loose, didn't matter still scratched. I can almost polish the scratches out but I'm tired of doing it every time I put the cover on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
I used it once at xmas on the deck goin to see family out in Invermere, seams came apart on both sides of the handle bars and wore my throttle side grip end down to the metal. Happened on the way back, didn't even notice the grip till I pulled it out of my enclosed in Revy the next trip. Also fuel zipper was unzipping all the time, friggin bs for 300 bucks. I had a 06 Summit a few sleds ago and the tarp fit and worked great, doo sh!t the bed with this tarp though.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sno-skinz doesn't list xm on there website but my friend called and he's working on it. I tried a skinz xp cover on a xm. The only problem was the seat area doesn't fit all that well because the xp has a pointy back part of the seat had xm doesn't.
They are great covers and even shipped they are slightly cheaper than the skidoo covers!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its to bad it doesnt work because i really like how it works. very quick to install. i think some thicker/softer material is in order. looking at my zx tarp its almost like a canvas and 10s of thousands of km on it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
its to bad it doesnt work because i really like how it works. very quick to install. i think some thicker/softer material is in order. looking at my zx tarp its almost like a canvas and 10s of thousands of km on it.

the tarp that we used on the 06 Rev has god only knows how many miles on it, and JUST this last trip to McBride really gave up the ghost on us. I've found a replacement, just have to go get it in Olds, and quite honestly it came apart at seams, so I could take it in and have it repaired......

Top Bottom