Travel Cover suggestions

Annacassandra

Reaction score
I bought a 3/4 cover for my sled last year and it's pretty much torn to shreds now. The handlebars poked straight through and the zipper opening for the fuel cap ripped to shreds. The handlebars poked through once already and I patched the hole with a piece of canvas and some interfacing but I'm guessing it wasn't strong enough because it didn't even last one trip before they poked through again- thought I was travelling through some significant weather. Also it wasn't the stitching that ripped it's the fabric that literally wore through. I might try to repair it again with some leather.

Are the full covers better? Did I get a dud or did I not install it correctly? It seemed like it fit well but they have that stretchy fabric over the windshield which I feel makes it flap in the wind even when it's really tightened down well. We have an enclosed trailer but I'm often taking my sled on a sled deck at least a few times a year, I'd like to have something that works and lasts longer than a year. Any suggestions? My sled is a 155 khaos.

Last edited:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 3/4 cover on my 20. Been to the mountains about 5 times. Still looks new

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a Doo cover. I run them on my high country and alpha. Easy to put on. Lasts the best. Fits awesome

Annacassandra

Reaction score
Buy a Doo cover. I run them on my high country and alpha. Easy to put on. Lasts the best. Fits awesome
Do you know anyone that uses the doo cover on a polaris? I agree it's a better system but I'd be worried about the fit over the hood and handlebars.

Annacassandra

Reaction score
I have the 3/4 cover on my 20. Been to the mountains about 5 times. Still looks new
Any chance you have a good closeup photo of it installed? Maybe I've done something wrong, hooked the hooks in the wrong spot or something

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know anyone that uses the doo cover on a polaris? I agree it's a better system but I'd be worried about the fit over the hood and handlebars.
Fits alpha perfect. Got to think Polaris are very similar skinny plastic

Last edited:

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very true, but man are they ever a bishhh to park at km 14 in the spring time.

I guess it is truly not the parking it up there that’s the bish as much as it is trying to get it back down at the end of the day.

Best bet is to have a great cover for the 2place open or sled deck and then the 5 place enclosed for all other times. Not everyone can or wants to have both.

For what it’s worth, I have 3 of the Polaris full covers and have no issues with them. When I bought them there was two different price points on full covers which dictated the material of the cover and I chose to go with the more expensive option. I did have one that was torn to shreds by the time I got to Cochrane on the first trip out with it but it was warrantied without hassle and never had the same issue again. From what I was told that was just an issue with a select run of covers and was already known about so the process was very easy to have it replaced.

fits pretty much any sled. or combination there of.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But what would everyone think?!? Riding a Ski-Doo?? LOL, Just kidding, as I know some Doo guys will be trolling and say something about this post.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I have 3 of the Polaris full covers and have no issues with them. When I bought them there was two different price points on full covers which dictated the material of the cover and I chose to go with the more expensive option. I did have one that was torn to shreds by the time I got to Cochrane on the first trip out with it but it was warrantied without hassle and never had the same issue again. From what I was told that was just an issue with a select run of covers and was already known about so the process was very easy to have it replaced.
I have one of the expensive ones too. The running boards shredded the elastic cord and down the side. I took it to an upholstery shop and they repaired the cord and installed some kind of indestructible canvas along where the running boards are. I doubt I could slash it with a knife! She also made a tool bag that fits in the under seat bag to replace the waterproof one that comes from Polaris. I'll see if I can find the name of it, in case anyone needs to get theirs repaired and would like to know what it is.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of the expensive ones too. The running boards shredded the elastic cord and down the side. I took it to an upholstery shop and they repaired the cord and installed some kind of indestructible canvas along where the running boards are. I doubt I could slash it with a knife! She also made a tool bag that fits in the under seat bag to replace the waterproof one that comes from Polaris. I'll see if I can find the name of it, in case anyone needs to get theirs repaired and would like to know what it is.

Found out it is called Odyssey canvas.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a 3/4 cover for my sled last year and it's pretty much torn to shreds now. The handlebars poked straight through and the zipper opening for the fuel cap ripped to shreds. The handlebars poked through once already and I patched the hole with a piece of canvas and some interfacing but I'm guessing it wasn't strong enough because it didn't even last one trip before they poked through again- thought I was travelling through some significant weather. Also it wasn't the stitching that ripped it's the fabric that literally wore through. I might try to repair it again with some leather.

Are the full covers better? Did I get a dud or did I not install it correctly? It seemed like it fit well but they have that stretchy fabric over the windshield which I feel makes it flap in the wind even when it's really tightened down well. We have an enclosed trailer but I'm often taking my sled on a sled deck at least a few times a year, I'd like to have something that works and lasts longer than a year. Any suggestions? My sled is a 155 khaos.

I have a full length cover that fits both Polaris's 155 and 163. I don't have any need for it anymore and has been used a few times. I'd be willing to sell it, for what it's worth. If you're interested?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a full length cover that fits both Polaris's 155 and 163. I don't have any need for it anymore and has been used a few times. I'd be willing to sell it, for what it's worth. If you're interested?

Damn! And I just bought a new cover today for the 155 lol

I have had the Polaris premium (full) cover and several of the canvas full covers. They last several years of average 50 days riding a season always on deck sometimes travelling all the way to Idaho.

The only time I have had the handlebar end wear is due to me not ensuring it was kept tight when put on. The tighter you can put it on the better when cinching it down. The half covers are not much different, you have to make sure they are tight and cannot flap.

Last edited:

Annacassandra

Reaction score
I might contact the dealer and see if they'll warranty it - if not I'm going to try to repair it again and maybe make some adjustments where it goes over the handlebars to make it fit better.

Top Bottom