XM Clutching issues..

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, I assumed the ole xm was running mint, had decent power, working good...but my ole Rev was still working better.
Then i went out with a couple other XM sleds....both sleds were night and day compared to mine. both were stock clutching...

Someone has been 'adjusting' the clutches on mine before i got it...it had 2.0g more pin weight than stock. has clickers. Don't even know what springs are in the primary/secondary...
And the belt on it has quite a bit of slack...

So i tried to put it back to stock...made the pins the 12.4 again...it's a bit better. Should i just buy all stock springs and ramps again? or should i buy something aftermarket? How much belt slack is normal?!
Why do i always buy junk hahahaha

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw a roosterbuilt clutch kit in the XM. I will never run stock clutching again. Paul and Dave have that thing dialed in. Really snappy, great low and top end power.

J__Zak

Reaction score
Throw a roosterbuilt clutch kit in the XM. I will never run stock clutching again. Paul and Dave have that thing dialed in. Really snappy, great low and top end power.

Beat me to it, ran stock clutching last year and a rhoosterbuilt kit this year talk about a night and day difference. Great kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, I assumed the ole xm was running mint, had decent power, working good...but my ole Rev was still working better.
Then i went out with a couple other XM sleds....both sleds were night and day compared to mine. both were stock clutching...

Someone has been 'adjusting' the clutches on mine before i got it...it had 2.0g more pin weight than stock. has clickers. Don't even know what springs are in the primary/secondary...
And the belt on it has quite a bit of slack...

So i tried to put it back to stock...made the pins the 12.4 again...it's a bit better. Should i just buy all stock springs and ramps again? or should i buy something aftermarket? How much belt slack is normal?!
Why do i always buy junk hahahaha

Stock weight is 14.5g, sounds like you removed the 1/2" pin.

A bad belt, even a poorly adjusted one will preform terrible.

How many miles on the sled? What's the clutches condition like? Out of spec bushings, sacked out springs will also hamper perf.

A Roosterbuilt clutch kit will wake up the sled over a stock setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long threaded
35,75 mm/12,4 g
(P/N 417 222 595)
1 set screw/16 mm
(P/N 206 261 699)

I put in the 1 set screw they asked for...you're right, it was 14.xx with the screw...

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack but so you guys think a dealer would charge for a dj or a roosterbuilt kit install?just don't have anywhere to do it or the time or the special tools.lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack but so you guys think a dealer would charge for a dj or a roosterbuilt kit install?just don't have anywhere to do it or the time or the special tools.lol

I can change it for you also if you wanted to drop sled off or bring parts over.
Pm if interested and can set up time.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys sleds only got 500 km on it and with this snow don't when it will get out to kakwa again lol.if I get a kit I will defiantly give you a call thanks.snow and mud is awesome........

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can give ya a hand too..if ya had the kit i'd do it right now just to steal all your stock stuff and start back at square one with mine haha
I'm leaning towards a rooster kit...

Hey Rotor Mech, do you use Mobil products? I need a liter of Mobil1 Jet II turbine oil...and i can only seem to find people wanting to sell me a case of 24...and at $17/liter, that's a bit more than i wanna spend!!!

Top Bottom