Xm bogging

-rossco-

Reaction score
Bogs bad in deep snow almost like its sucking in snow...buddy with a 12 and a 13 run perfect in the same amount of snow.....it's intermittent and as soon as I hit open tracks for a pull its runs strong!!! Dealer said keep riding till its broke in..have 220 km on it now seems to be worse the deeper the snow even with intake not being restricted!

-rossco-

Reaction score
I have put on a tunnel dump exhaust so there should be no reason for bogging from exhaust being plugged off! Hey sidewaysinto3rd so yours bogged enoug where it could make a bad situation worse when in a ch!t spot??

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try your stock can in the deep powder could be no place for the exhaust to go in the deep.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put on a tunnel dump exhaust so there should be no reason for bogging from exhaust being plugged off! Hey sidewaysinto3rd so yours bogged enoug where it could make a bad situation worse when in a ch!t spot??

mine would bog but would keep on chugging along .. definitely a noticeable bog but never got me stuck . I guess I may have never been in a "bad" spot when it happened .. maybe a couple of times in some trees .. but she kept on pulling

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Mine did it a couple of times when it was completely under the snow. The side vents do ice up and need to be kept clean or else it will open up the flap to the engine compartment and suck in belt dust. You can clean them while you ride. Much better than the Xp. If yours is bogging and the side vents are not completely under the snow than it may be something else.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I had the same problem last Sunday at Frisbee ridge. One lower area that was particularly deep and required a hard right ch!t hook at the bottom to get back out... she bogged but kept going enough to get me back out. I tried it two more times, same result every time. Started pulling fine again as soon as I was out of the turn/no longer submarining. She = 2013 XM SP with a 163", pull start.

I couldn't tell if it was the air intake or the the exhaust, neither make sense really based on what other ch!t I put her through that day. I was starting to think it could be clutching though (letting off going into the turn, then hammering back on and it bogs till I'm done the turn and have the nose back out from under the snow, less resistance on the sled), or a combination of all 3. I'm up over 400kms now, so I'll post again once I'm past 500.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exhaust side you will still get a Bog when completely submerged in snow. I bet it also has to do with the can. The MBrp has a long outlet pushing it almost. Past the snow splitter on the underside.

Top Bottom