XM Aftermarket Running Boards

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced there stock running with Skinz or TSS running boards etc? Stock are perfect if mine were still in decent shape but a tree decided otherwise. I know you have to cut the old ones out and this makes me nervous. Is it quite simple?It will be a summer project too. Thanks for the input!

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put skinz on my 2012 cat and it took a couple shots before i got brave enought to the grinder to the tunnel, easy enough to install, air riviter is a must, beer and patience anything is possible.
Best thing is to find something 1/2 of 5/8 of a inch wide that you can put against the tunnel as a guide while you grind down it, also heard of guys grinding from the bottem side.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they made some new grips for them too besides the screws. Do you find them wide enough? Are they Strong enough to?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i found them wide enough, they are wider then the standard pro rmk boards and havent had a issue with them in 800 miles in the hills

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The TSS boards are nice. They are wider at the back than the stock boards. I don't know how many times I found myself dragging by the just the handle bars because my feet missed the back of the running boards. I'm waiting to damage my stockers so I can justify spending the money on a set lol.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have one set of the powder coated black Skinz Airframe boards in stock for the XM if you are interested. After many many installs what we found worked best for cutting off the boards was an air body saw and an air riveter is a must unless you have popeye hands and arms!!!!

Here is a time lapse video of an install that Diz did. The first cut is always the hardest!!! It doesn't matter how many installs we do that first cut always makes me nervous...because there is no turning back after that one!! Read the directions, watch the video and you can always call us with any questions. We also have several shops through out Alberta that are willing to do the installs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMZqEh8FytQ

However, one word of caution that I tell all my customers that are installing boards on any sled that still has warranty talk to your dealer first!!! I have heard tales of some dealers voiding warranty because tunnel modifications, which they feel the installation of boards is, have been made.

Jan

Last edited:

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow perfect this helped a ton. I'm far from popeye lol so air riveter it is! I'll make sure to talk to my dealer but i'm sure there won't be a problem. It will be a summer project but i'll make sure to give you a call. Thanks again

Top Bottom