www.crowsnow.org Trails / Maps / Northside & Southside: Google Earth

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
Curious how you sled-heads take to this technology. We have used Google Earth's ability to overlay images, in this case the north and south side trail maps for the Crowsnest Pass trail system. With Google Earth, you can drop down fairly close to the ground and get a feel for the lay-of-the-land in the area. Personally, I would enjoy seeing this technology for all the riding areas! Its great for planning a trip or rehashing where you were that day.

The trail maps get a little fuzzy the closer to ground level you get; I am going to try and get a higher resolution set of images to overlay in future so the loss of fidelity in images is not so noticeable.

Check out the avalanche bulletins below each map as well.

Link to Northside Trail Map:
Link to Southside Trail Map:

If your browser does not have Google Earth installed as a plug-in, you would be prompted to install it. It is well worth it to check out this scenario.

Attachments

• CSRNSTrailMapGoogleEarth.jpg
    CSRNSTrailMapGoogleEarth.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
We have also updated the site with the Crow Snow Riders General Store:
At moment we have Trail Passes for sale. Curious if anyone out there would like to see Daily Trail passes for sale online as well.
Stay tuned for other items in the General Store as the season progresses.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah, wow! Nice! I usually look at the trail maps then look at google earth to get a sense of the area.

Top Bottom