Wtf

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered a furnace kit from a reputable trailer brand through a Alberta dealer. This is what showed up: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453352547.435729.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453352564.752303.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453352577.536933.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453352597.256455.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453352608.141459.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453352620.426896.jpg

Just unpacked it. It was shipped to dealer then to me. So between ****ty packaging, and workmanship, the whole thing other than 2 propane bottles are junk!

What does a guy do? I am 1400 into furnace kit and 500shipping now. Who should pay for this mess! I am not mentioning any names till I get some sort of resolution.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that bites....people just don't care nowadays...would take back to dealer and ask him if he would accept that type of workmanship or accept a package in that condition.....paid 3k for mine and to have it installed..hope they do right by ya

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep,I'd take the whole mess back to dealer and demand a full refund.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I calling dealer in morning. Hope he put insurance on it.
But the workmanship on furnace box leaves a lot to be desired too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453354750.515641.jpg guy doesn't know how to use a wholesaw.

All around a bad ordeal, I just hope someone steps up and makes things right.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it already sums up the kinda dealer or parts guy u have. Dealer shouldve opened the box with u to inspect after recieving it in that shape and makn sure u walked out happy. Its more than likely the shippn or the dealers end for the damage. Everyone will blame the shippn company lol. Atleast worst case senerio, a little buffn and bangn and it should go together but id be expectn a replacement sent out asap. Or a heavy discount. Theres a good chunk of $$$ u spent there. Hope it goes well

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the way it arrived at the dealer....wrapped in duct tape????

Trying not to be disrespectful, but.............If you accepted and took home a duct-taped package without 1st inspecting it at the dealer.....you need to give your self a swift kick.
Everybody likes to blame someone else but red flags should have been raised in your mind when you saw that box. I would not have accepted that until it was opened it up and inspected for damage.

Also, if the dealer signed for it without making any notes on the shipping invoice of possible damage.....they need a swift kick also.

who would accept a package like that without 1st inspecting the contents for damage??

I hope the dealer stands up for you.....

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the way it arrived at the dealer....wrapped in duct tape????

Trying not to be disrespectful, but.............If you accepted and took home a duct-taped package without 1st inspecting it at the dealer.....you need to give your self a swift kick.
Everybody likes to blame someone else but red flags should have been raised in your mind when you saw that box. I would not have accepted that until it was opened it up and inspected for damage.

Also, if the dealer signed for it without making any notes on the shipping invoice of possible damage.....they need a swift kick also.

who would accept a package like that without 1st inspecting the contents for damage??

I hope the dealer stands up for you.....

Like I said. Package was shipped to dealer, then to me. I live 4hrs from closest dealer I could find, and with economy the way it is couldn't justify wages and fuel to get it myself. It was picked up at purolator by my brother who will be doing the install (as he is a mechanic, and likes cash jobs LOL).

There is no salvaging in this. On furnace the blower is cracked. Only things I can use are propane tanks.

I would never buy anything from anywhere if packaged like that. I dig to back of isles to get un-damaged products at CT.

I hope the dealer does right thing or goes to bat for me with manufacturer. Will know more tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My apologies...I did not notice that it was shipped to you. Hopefully your brother in law wrote something like "damaged packaging...subject to inspection" on the paperwork he signed when he picked it up.

It's hard to believe any dealer would re-ship a package like that so maybe the damage was done by the carrier from the dealer to you.

I hope it works out for you....

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you paid with credit card, you can request a charge back with your credit card company. They will probably give you your money back if you tell them it arrived totally wrecked.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it back to the dealer, I'm sure they will help you out since it's probably a problem with the courier company they use. If not, then like Adam suggested, if you paid with credit card talk to them, I know visa backed me up once. Took a couple weeks though but I got my money back.
On a side note, that really sucks ballz. Just puts everything you were planning on doing behind big time.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Transport companies only pay $1 per pound for damaged product.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your luck Young Gun! If you can get a refund and would like to start fresh I can certainly help you. I'm just between Edmonton and Spruce Grove and I guarantee you'll be happy with the products. I do a ton of installs as well so if you have any questions fire away!

I have attached a few photos of my overhead/wall install and a few more of what I call kickplate install.

Attachments

• 34,000 BTU Furnace Install #2.jpg
    34,000 BTU Furnace Install #2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 34,000 BTU Furnace Install.jpg
    34,000 BTU Furnace Install.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 259
  • Kickplate Install #2.jpg
    Kickplate Install #2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Kickplate Install #1.jpg
    Kickplate Install #1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 253

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typically I'm $3,000.00 to $3,500.00 depending on application. That's for a 36,000 BTU furnace, furnace box, 2 x 12 volt batteries, 110 to 12 volt charger, 2 x 30lb propane tanks which are full, auto switch regulator etc...

It's fully ready to roll when you pick it up.

Top Bottom