written off machine-re insure and register

nd4spd

Reaction score
has anyone ever had an ATV or SXS written off and then did the repairs to it that were needed and had it re-certified or what ever has to be done? No I didn't do anyhting to mine but a buddy is looing for information on how to do this on a buy back unit.

How are the guys with the trucks and jeeps insuring theirs for OHV and can you do the same with ATV & UTV's?

All information about this in Alberta would be great.

thanks

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here there is no write off law for quads and such... so if the insurance rights it off.. you can repair and re register again...

nd4spd

Reaction score
here there is no write off law for quads and such... so if the insurance rights it off.. you can repair and re register again...

so if a machine was written off and you bought it back from the insurance compnay how do you insure it again? for the fish and wildlife/RCMP or do you just have to have registration? or is it totally different then from vehicles? don't care about replacement insurance or anything just if the fish and wildlife stop you and ask for registration and insurance thats all; no fire no theft if so be it.

Thanks for the replies

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that happened to my buddy, he bot it back and the insurance company would only give pl and pd no collision or theft or fire as the insurance wont pay twice for the same machine. He has a pink card that says he is insured though, hope that was helpful.

Top Bottom