wow cant belive the retards

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Me and Pigeon Have not been getting along this year. A month ago i heard the slightest ting while driving out to the middle of lake, well hundred dollars later a re-balanced prop, just last week-end got caught up in the storm, had several people help load my boat due to waves couldn't use pwoer cause the launch is ssssooooooo low.

I wish we had lakes like BC, instead we're stuck with these swamps:mad:

Im lucky i live close to saskabush :)

i remember 2 years ago this sept long of a guy tryin to back up his trailer at loon lake, sk and since he had a diesel you would think he could back up no problem.

we had 2 boats waiting to load and he tried at least 6 times got fid up listening to the peanut gallery and took off with the boat of his still sitting there. he was no young guy.

its sure good to have a boat lift meow :d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Although this week at Long Island Lake I must say never saw an incident! :(

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wizard Lake boat launch is always entertaining!!!!!!!!!

One way in and out and on a steep incline...tools for disaster

One guy who thought he was King Sh-t rode his PWC around and around in front of the boat launch - which interfered with everyone else unloading and loading but after a while call his wife / girl friend to go get the truck

She returns and back the truck into the water so the truck box is under water and trucks doors are under water....(Yes bright as a light bulb)

But he is even stupider than her ... after all the sh-t he has already caused now he about to do his Olympic Mount as he streighten out the PWC he gives it and rams the PWC right up into the truck box and BANG right into the front of the box. Well not surprise from what we have seen so far. Now he tells the wife to drive ahead-- out of the water she goes -- half way up the hill from the boat launch the PWC decides it wants to slide out of the truck box -- stands right on end on the jets -- everyone runs to stop the PWC from going over on top of the Idiot -- but it balances and falles forward -- sparing the idiots life (Darvin Theory - should have been eliminated)

Now the Idiot is Still sitting in the PWC and everyone gathers agound him and he said "Wholly Sh-t I forgot to tie it into the truck"

So it took everyone to lift the heavy PWC back into the truck box and they almost dropped it doing it...

Great times - lots of laughs -- but damn where is the video camera when you need it....

ThePirate

Reaction score
Ok ill Admit i cant back up my boat into the lake without at least trying about 10 times..... but i do have to say one thing its my first year ever so iam learning, and iam getting better............ all the people here that were at long lake probably saw me hehe :d

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok ill Admit i cant back up my boat into the lake without at least trying about 10 times..... but i do have to say one thing its my first year ever so iam learning, and iam getting better............ all the people here that were at long lake probably saw me hehe :d

Over the years we probably have had to back 10 other peoples boats and holiday trailers into there spots because the owners could not get it and were frustrated...

TIP: for beginner boat & trailer people on backing up
Put your hand in the middle of the botom of the steering wheel
As you back up move the steering wheel in the direction you want the back of the trailer/boat to go in.
If unsure or all messed line up the front of your truck to go away from the launch and do not change your steering, pull forward untill the trailer is lined up in the mirrors with the launch.
Then very slowly back straight up into the lauch and move the steering very little
Most people over exagerate the steering and that throws them way out
Realign the front of the truck and pull forward again and repeat the above.

-- Hand at bottom of steering wheel - - steering corrections slow with little steering corrections

It usually takes new owners 1 season to get the hang of it but it is also practicing at other placing - then a busy launch with everyone watching you.

TOO much stress to hurry and get it right the first time.

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Over the years we probably have had to back 10 other peoples boats and holiday trailers into there spots because the owners could not get it and were frustrated...

TIP: for beginner boat & trailer people on backing up
Put your hand in the middle of the botom of the steering wheel
As you back up move the steering wheel in the direction you want the back of the trailer/boat to go in.
If unsure or all messed line up the front of your truck to go away from the launch and do not change your steering, pull forward untill the trailer is lined up in the mirrors with the launch.
Then very slowly back straight up into the lauch and move the steering very little
Most people over exagerate the steering and that throws them way out
Realign the front of the truck and pull forward again and repeat the above.

-- Hand at bottom of steering wheel - - steering corrections slow with little steering corrections

It usually takes new owners 1 season to get the hang of it but it is also practicing at other placing - then a busy launch with everyone watching you.

TOO much stress to hurry and get it right the first time.

Very true....... people often fail to realize that a single axle trailer reacts more quickly and sharply than a duel axle.
Seen lots of people who have little issue backing up the duel axle camping unit but can't get the hang of the single axle boat trailer......

Please practice at home/parking lot/field...anywhere but the boat launch on a 28 degree saturday afternoon.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pictures Awsome!!!:d:d:d I once watched a motorhome backing up at Carson lake with a boat behind, when the water got too high he panicked and we watched the motorhome almost do a wheelie with the front wheels off the ground. It didn't sound very good on the old beast, wrecked the clutch and transmission, I'm sure, BUT PRICELESS TO WATCH!!:)
:eek::eek: I think this was the look on the guys face:eek::eek:

Alfred

Reaction score
When ever I go to Little Bow Provincial Park I always grab a 6 pack and a lawn chair and sit down by the boat launch. It never ceases to amaze me how senseless some people are. But it is entertaining to watch.:)

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
this weekend i made the mistake of letting a guy go ahead of me to load up his boat while i undid the straps to launch mine........my courtesy backfired......the guy backs in his fancy truck to pick up his fancy boat, by the time the truck it in the water and strait i have all my straps on i am in the boat. gf in the truck.....may the waiting game begin......

here is my one point of advice.......DO NOT PUT THE TRAILER TOO DEEP.....different trailers are different BUT. your trailer should be far enough out of the water that when you pull on to it the boat sits in the rollers in a way that the boat can not float side to side.......you do not need to submerge the whole trailer......on mine i know i leave the the 2 rollers on the furthest forward set of cradles just out of the water...then when the boat rolls on it can't float off to the side......the rollers are there so trust me...it wont hurt your boat (infact it will save you from going off to the side and hitting hull to frame of trailer rather than bow roller), from there you have the option of getting to the bow and cranking in with the winch or givin her a little gas and rolling up into the cradle.....

that said. this guy was too deep and i watched as the guy on the boat pushed the boat back and forth with an oar for about 5 minutes as the guy in the truck watched and inched forward and backwards trying to lad it just right......oh yea and all while parked dead center on a 2 boat launch...but i will say he pulled out apologized (kudos), and i was off for another great day on the boat

ThePirate

Reaction score
Ya i realized that the single axle trailer reacts alot faster then a duel which is probably where i was making the most mistakes. Thou iam practicing at my shop where i work and iam getting better so next year i wont be the douche bag that everyone talks about hehe

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DO NOT PUT THE TRAILER TOO DEEP

That all depends on if your trailer is a piece of crap like mine. I bought the boat last year a 1997 moomba with the factory made trailer. When I load mine I drive it onto the bunks and the nose is below the bow roller? I've tried the ease it onto the shallow trailer and hoped the nose would come up but it always hits.:rant: I have to put the trailer deep and when the wife pulls out hold the back straight. It sucks.

There is no such thing as a two place boat launch at Wab when someone puts in in the middle to me they're asking you to squish one on each side of them:d:mad::d

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Selling our boat today :( so our launching stress is over. While we didn't have many issues, there certainly were some 'tense' words between hubby and I on many occassions...each of us with our own launch/load 'plan'. Got our hand signals down...although the only one I needed was the middle finger...lol.
Loading into the river end of our lake is tough with the current and shallow water...made it very interesting. Good thing hubby can drive and back up anything...good thing I give him good orders...:d

I practiced with the riding lawn mower and trailer...that gave me the gist of it pretty fast. Practiced backing around, through, by, and over things...until I got it.
First time backing our sled trailer into our carport that's only a few inches bigger than the trailer and at a nasty angle to get it lined up at...pulled it off perfectly first attempt...all thanks to my lawnmower training.

Once you get the 'feel' of it and wrap your head around the steering it's actually pretty easy...oh, and use your mirrors!!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Now that is a heck of an idea for anyone trying to figure out the art of backing up.

Well Done.
Selling our boat today :( so our launching stress is over. While we didn't have many issues, there certainly were some 'tense' words between hubby and I on many occassions...each of us with our own launch/load 'plan'. Got our hand signals down...although the only one I needed was the middle finger...lol.
Loading into the river end of our lake is tough with the current and shallow water...made it very interesting. Good thing hubby can drive and back up anything...good thing I give him good orders...:d

I practiced with the riding lawn mower and trailer...that gave me the gist of it pretty fast. Practiced backing around, through, by, and over things...until I got it.
First time backing our sled trailer into our carport that's only a few inches bigger than the trailer and at a nasty angle to get it lined up at...pulled it off perfectly first attempt...all thanks to my lawnmower training.

Once you get the 'feel' of it and wrap your head around the steering it's actually pretty easy...oh, and use your mirrors!!!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Practice, practice, practice ..... if your new to the game don't be shy to ask for help. Most fellas are happy to guide you or in times of trouble ... drive it for you. I did that at long island lake two weeks ago .... boat owner was in the boat and his buddy couldn't drive a truck and trailer. I put it where they wanted it .... everyone happy .... no line up! :beer::beer:

Javlin101

Reaction score
I have seen alot at my lake & just shake my head. Carson lake I help an old couple(70-80yrs) load thier 16ft, he pulls out & stops. Gets out of the truck & figures the boat is not level enough on the trailer. Him & his wife start trying to lift the ass end of a 1000lb+ boat to move it 2". Seeya.

Other one I love & happend every weekend, back the boat down the ramp & unhook the winch. Start pushing with all thier might but that darn boat won't move. Someone finally suggests taking the back straps off LMAO. They will, 9 out of 10 times wad into the water to the back of the boat which in most cases is in 4-8ft of water & struggle to unhook the straps underwater.

I have a 16ft deep v crestliner & takes me about 10min to launch or retrive it. Common sense, can't beat it.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've lost count of how many mirrors my wife:rollingpin: has knocked off our vehicles. Now I back it in she pulls it out I gave up shes not allowed to drive my truck in reverse![/QUOTE]

LOL...happy to report no mirrors lost...If hubby tells me I'm not allowed do something...well the more determined I am to do it! (and I'm an only child and don't listen well) :d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've lost count of how many mirrors my wife:rollingpin: has knocked off our vehicles. Now I back it in she pulls it out I gave up shes not allowed to drive my truck in reverse!

LOL...happy to report no mirrors lost...If hubby tells me I'm not allowed do something...well the more determined I am to do it! (and I'm an only child and don't listen well) :d[/QUOTE]

If I were your husband I would defininitly use that to my advantage....Just sayin:d:beer:

Top Bottom