Would you ever go back to an ATV (Quad) ?

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would any of you guys sell your UTV's and pick up a quad?

i come from motocross and quads have always been boring to me, but i have fallen in love with UTVs.

i love flying down the trail at 130KM/H and passing cars on the highway in the ditch.

all with the comfort of suspension seats, power steering and a roll bar!

i cant imagine selling it and going back to bikes or quads.

however the scrambler 1000 is pretty gnarly.

Are you happy with your UTV or are you selling it and going back to Quads?

why or why not?

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup the bikes are a ton of fun.

sport street bikes are my absolute favourite.

supercar performance for less then 15 Grand.. cant beat that

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will keep the sxs...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like both at certain times.........That being said the utv advancement is much faster than the quad development is. The wife would never go back to a quad,but i enjoy things about both............

When Daveb buys a MAVERICK XMR , i will retire the quad.............As we do a lot of riding in HELL ,and it will most likely be frozen solid....

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Na..... Never, I been Bitten by the SxS bug, as i am pretty much new to either (3 yrs,) I kept hurting myself and the quad to much , rollovers and uphill backflips, , with the SxS you do have added protection, needed when you get into the age where you only feel like you're 18.... and healing takes 3 times as long as it used to., All said, I am having a blast with my SxS.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like both at certain times.........That being said the utv advancement is much faster than the quad development is. The wife would never go back to a quad,but i enjoy things about both............

When Daveb buys a MAVERICK XMR , i will retire the quad.............As we do a lot of riding in HELL ,and it will most likely be frozen solid....

yes may be a frosty day in hell alright. but it has been my experience those that are the most vocal about hating something usually get it.

personally, i'm done with the mine is faster, bigger or more powerful than yours BS. i don't really care. i'm about having fun on what i've got, someone thinks there's is better good for them just STF up and get outta my face. if ya want to have fun, good buds, a few laughs. great! otherwise go somewhere else.

quads are great, so are SxS. get out enjoy yourself, don't leave a mess, don't be a dickhead and screw it up for everyone else.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin started with a SxS (Ranger) and loved it because he could take his wife along. He has since sold it and bought a quad and has no intention of going back unless it is the only way to get his wife on the trail. Although I have driven SxS briefly and enjoyed the experience, I still prefer riding a quad. However, I suspect my opinion may change as I creep closer to 50.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go back to a quad if I never had to bring the wife and kid. But that's not happening so I will be sxsing. I really like a sxs I like being out there nice and comfy! You can talk to the person beside you enjoy some laughs and drinks it all adds to it. And they are better if you need to haul stuff. So I think the sxs is better all around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes may be a frosty day in hell alright. but it has been my experience those that are the most vocal about hating something usually get it.
I don't think I've ever implied I hate SxSs.....but I've been around them enough, rode in a few, drove a couple, to know that I don't want one.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok , I didn't want a rzzr either till i got the ranger, best riding, and rmost enjoyable trail riding out there in my opinion
Nothing wrong with quads. But i'm. Not going back to riding one

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok , I didn't want a rzzr either till i got the ranger, best riding, and rmost enjoyable trail riding out there in my opinion
Nothing wrong with quads. But i'm. Not going back to riding one

And no i won't ride in no rzzr or the like again either

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my Rzr xp 900 and went back to a scrambler 850. Wife wanted to drive her own so I bought her a sportsman. I didn't mind having a second vehicle when it was just her and I. I always liked quads and was hesitant on giving it up in the first place. Some days I miss the RZR but I wouldn't go back.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Im really struggling right now. I've ridden a dirtbike my whole life as well as a quad and I've also had a few RZRs in the family since they came out. I sold my RZR and my Dirtbike this winter and had full intention of buying a new side by side this month, probably a commander as I own an acreage. But I'm having second thoughts now. A new dirtbike would be fricken sweet. Can't have both.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im really struggling right now. I've ridden a dirtbike my whole life as well as a quad and I've also had a few RZRs in the family since they came out. I sold my RZR and my Dirtbike this winter and had full intention of buying a new side by side this month, probably a commander as I own an acreage. But I'm having second thoughts now. A new dirtbike would be fricken sweet. Can't have both.

Yes you can,,,,,,

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

personally, i'm done with the mine is faster, bigger or more powerful than yours BS. i don't really care. i'm about having fun on what i've got, someone thinks theres is better good for them just STF up and get outta my face. if ya want to have fun, good buds, a few laughs. great! otherwise go somewhere else.

quads are great, so are SxS. get out enjoy yourself, don't leave a mess, don't be a dickhead and screw it up for everyone else.

Well put and I agree. Just get out and ride. It doesn't matter what your on, as long as your having fun riding it.

I can't afford to try and keep up with the biggest and bestest. I think it's just crazy how much these new machines are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like groceries too arff..
stop buying that overpriced exotic orange colored stuff, and grab a cheap honda or yammie....at least that'll get ya out there. maybe give up the 2 wheeling for a season until that shoulder is 150%

Top Bottom