World of Outlaws?

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone go this year? I was there working on the 27h late model car we got first on friday night then blew the engine on saturday, that really sucked cause we were looking really fast again!!! Other than that it was an awesome weekend! Those guys sure put on one hell of a show!!!
DSCN1051.jpg DSCN1055.jpg DSCN1059.jpg DSCN1063.jpg

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there camping all weekend. You sure did put on a show on friday. Nothing could touch you saturday 'till your driver let the smoke out of the engine...Great weekend for everyone (except for the guy that wrecked his car in hot laps on Friday night). managed to get through a whole game of marathon parking lot bocci and only lost one ball.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was supposed to go, won tickets off cisn for friday night 4 ticks,8 beers and 4 meals all free, ended up having to go to vancouver for work so gave the ticks to one of my apprentices, he gave t ticks away and went with a budy enjoyed the show, beer and food. said it was great.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there all weekend as the Goodyear Tire Rep and campaigning the 55 Fountain Tire Sprint Car. For a 360 car against the 410's we did OK. Small wreck on Friday night (finished 22) and a spin on Saturday (finished 18) but it was great to race against the best in the world. Overall it was a great weekend and look forward to them coming back. 2011 Car compressed.jpg

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there camping all weekend. You sure did put on a show on friday. Nothing could touch you saturday 'till your driver let the smoke out of the engine...Great weekend for everyone (except for the guy that wrecked his car in hot laps on Friday night). managed to get through a whole game of marathon parking lot bocci and only lost one ball.
Thanks man! We sure wish we could have brought saturdays trophy home with us too!!! We are still trying to figure something out for the race in great falls this weekend... May have to miss fridays race, but we should be there! can't wait for next year the 4 wide salute to the fans is still one of the coolest things I have seen! :beer:

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there all weekend as the Goodyear Tire Rep and campaigning the 55 Fountain Tire Sprint Car. For a 360 car against the 410's we did OK. Small wreck on Friday night (finished 22) and a spin on Saturday (finished 18) but it was great to race against the best in the world. Overall it was a great weekend and look forward to them coming back.View attachment 108994

You guys seemed to hold your own quite well! lots of the 360's seemed to do ok! It's nice to see the local guys out playing with the big boys. Good work!!!

Doo799

Reaction score
I was there all weekend with a friend who's son races in the junior sprints and he won the feature in his class.Seen both of your cars and and the whole weekend was great it's nice to see regular local guys do well against racers that have a lot of sponsors and financial backing. I heard on the weekend that this was the last year of a five year contract with the world of outlaws have you guys heard this or is it just rumors ?

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there all weekend with a friend who's son races in the junior sprints and he won the feature in his class.Seen both of your cars and and the whole weekend was great it's nice to see regular local guys do well against racers that have a lot of sponsors and financial backing. I heard on the weekend that this was the last year of a five year contract with the world of outlaws have you guys heard this or is it just rumors ?

Rumours at this time

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hope it's just a rumour. I'd sure like to get up there to see them run but harvest keeps getting in the way.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone go this year? I was there working on the 27h late model car we got first on friday night then blew the engine on saturday, that really sucked cause we were looking really fast again!!! Other than that it was an awesome weekend! Those guys sure put on one hell of a show!!!

LOL funny you say that........ Around here we always joke "they usually run the best right before they blow!" guess there is some truth to it after all. :beer:

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL funny you say that........ Around here we always joke "they usually run the best right before they blow!" guess there is some truth to it after all. :beer:

Haha that's exactly what I said! But we were way out front on "cruise control" testing lines at a very conservative 7400 rpm... It's almost like it didn't want to be babied, it was so dissapointing when we jacked it up and saw a hole in the oil pan and coolant coming out... Time for a Dart block

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was no mention made at the races of this being the last year. Heard they'll keep coming as long as the money is there. that being said, castrol could put a little effort into bringing in some more fans. Maybe a band on the Saturday night or put on the steak dinner that Arvid used to do.

Doo799

Reaction score
Haha that's exactly what I said! But we were way out front on "cruise control" testing lines at a very conservative 7400 rpm... It's almost like it didn't want to be babied, it was so dissapointing when we jacked it up and saw a hole in the oil pan and coolant coming out... Time for a Dart block
There sure was a lot of smoke when it blew you could see the oil or coolant on the track but it didn't seem to cause any problems for the other cars.It sure is an impressive car & driver I'm not sure if you guys had that car last year but it was a noticable car last year too!

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There sure was a lot of smoke when it blew you could see the oil or coolant on the track but it didn't seem to cause any problems for the other cars.It sure is an impressive car & driver I'm not sure if you guys had that car last year but it was a noticable car last year too!
That was all the oil and most of the coolant! Yeah that was us last year, we won both nights and were really hopping to do the same this year :( we pulled the motor the other night and there were pieces of the cylinder wall and piston in the intake manifold! a valve sitting in the exhaust port, a big hole in the oil pan and another hole in the side of the block with a lifter poking out that is now fused with another piece and won't move there was another valve sitting there too! It was just on #8 we're not sure if it was the block or rod that gave first. It's on it's way to the engine builder now, I'm sure he can tell us more. It sucks cause we should be in Great Falls racing right now :rant:
DSCN1064.jpg
DSCN1065.jpg
DSCN1066.jpg
DSCN1069.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you had parts leaving the engine in a big hurry Mike.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cousin is Donny Schatz in the sprint tour... been watching this series for years...

Wish they would advertise it more for ya up there, it's great entertainment and they really put on a good show... would love to see more pics...

Top Bottom