Wolverine tires?

krazy ken

Reaction score
Looking for some input on type of tires to put on 07 Wolverine. Daughter loves to play in mud and water and I don't want to effect the trail manners to much. Lets here what you guys are using on the smaller cc sport 4X4.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a couple of 350's for demos, i put on the mudlite, shallow lug on in a 25x10x12 all around - give it more clearance and more traction, higher top end, and they are a lighter tire than most so no there mods were required, course i pipe would have been nice, have a 08 demo 450 with swamplites and they work pretty good but are a bit aggressive for the fun of sliding around corners etc. both the mudlite and swamp lite r pretty cheap under 400 for the set

good luck

T

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would personaly not go with the lightmud junk tires.... I would stick to a bear claw of mud bugg on that size machine, or even a Zilla. JMOP I hate the mudlights and swamp lights.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who ever said mudbitches i think your being a bit of a fan boy there. i agree they are a good tire but they are definitely not a sport tire and the wolverine is supposed to be a sport 4x4 .. it also doesn't have the grunt to spin a set of tires like that well and i think it would just hinder the bike.

as far as mudlights .. have never liked them never will.

for a sporty set of tires that will get you where you need to go and back with some decent broken tread for trail and mud ect .. I'd say the bear claws are a good choice. For ripping around my old set of Swamp lites was a really nice set of tires that worked well in most situations but i would say the bear claws wear a little better than the swamp lites. either of these 2 tires i would put on a bike that had some wheel speed and it would go places ..

my 2 cents .

I would personaly not go with the lightmud junk tires.... I would stick to a bear claw of mud bugg on that size machine, or even a Zilla. JMOP I hate the mudlights and swamp lights

On a large heavy utility atv like we have i totally agree swamplites dig far to fast and end up sinking these heavy atv's .. on a sport orientated machine i think that those tires would work awesome. The only times i ever had any problems with them was in skeg and really deep mud .. mainly because my very heavy machine would sink because they dug far to much.. for a sport quad thats lighter and can get a little wheel speed up. i don't see the same results happening.

I too like the bugs but i didn't recommend them because i feel they are to bulky to handle well on that atv. we need to remember hes not talking about a Utility ATV and there is no need to add bulky rough tires to a sport 4x4

krazy ken

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of the mud lights, not a big fan of them either. Piralle makes one with a simalar tread pattern but don't know much about them. Have 2 other smaller machines with Swamp lites, work great on them in all conditions. But like stated earlier may grip to much to slide in turns and she is an aggressive rider for a 15 year old.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was able to power slide my grizzly with them without loss of control or that sliding feeling you get when tires cant bite in a slide such as large tread tires give. the tire actually seemed to be at its best when i was ripping around using more throttle.

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
Girlfriends riding a 08 Wolverine, and running 25 mudlights, they are a nice light tire and i know theres alot of bad things said about them but i personally like them I run the 26 on my quad and neither of us of had a problem. I guess its everybodys own opinion.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its mostly expectations right.. like once you have rode a quad with a real aggressive mud tire going back to mud lights will give you the shakes.

Top Bottom