Wolverine spotted 97 km south of Grande Prairie

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At Ekati Diamond Mine in September one was outside the camp door..

He was looking for a free meal

I stayed inside till he moved on

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do beleive she would take on a grizzly bear as well.

If she see's this I'm toast.
ixnay on the meanay;)

Heard a comedian say once... 1000lb grizzly and a 100lb woman with cramps, eh pretty much a fair fight! I laughed:d oh ya awesome pics too,don't see those in the open very often.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been fortunate enough to have seen a few in both the Yukon and northern BC. About 20 years ago brother and I tracked one, that was dragging a trap, for about 3 miles till our dog treed it.
It was a very wild time and we got very lucky. Brother shot the wolverine and it fell, but the trap got stuck in a branch and left the wolverine hanging by one toe about 4 feet off the ground still very much alive and mad as hell. I was holding the dog down cause he was trying to get at the wolverine and if that wolverine had gotten hold of him he would have yanked himself outta the tree and we all woulda been in for a world of hurt.
Brother managed to get a couple more shots into him and he is now a full mount at Mom and Dads house.
In all the excitement and adrenaline rush it never dawned on us the real danger we were in till a few minutes after things finally settled down. Then the knees started shakin :beer::d.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome shots. Aside from a 30.06, they're about the only thing nasty enough to take down a grizzly. Wouldn't want to be on foot when you came across that.

In your dreams! They are not afraid of much, but to take down Grizzly?

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A griz will give a wide birth to a wolverine. Watched a nature show with a griz and a elk kill. Wolverine came out off the tree line and ol' griz didn't even think twice, lifted his head to see what the ruccuss was and fled. Funniest thing I ever seen :d:d:d They are a beautiful animal that's rarely seen. The other one I like to see bouncing through the snow is a bobcat (lynx).

Top Bottom