With poor snow, time to get turbo maverick ready

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a turbo maverick lately, got it under msrp so have a few bucks extra for mods..

had ad it out yesterday in ten plus weather... What a blast, I loved the standard maverick but this tq on the new one is very noticeable.. Dam thing on the strait away hit close to 80 mph, and never took very long to get there and suspension eats the ulgy very well.. Clutches very very smooth and no low speed surges

buddy was there with his xp1000... After a few line ups in the field it became very eveident how much stronger the turbo was where my standard maverick was close to a dead even

plans this month to send ecm to evolution motorsports for their reflash, also delete cat and put there down pipe on, with there bigger flow injectors... Jim one of the owners was on the dyno with it this last week doing final tweaks and said its dam impressive as a stock machine, but with his reflash... Hang the hell on

said with just a reflash 22hp increase to the wheels, (480$$) then add his down pipe and cat removed adds another 6 hp, then add injectors and your bitting on 180engine hp.. Said its almost to much for the average joe.. But motor has handled the power and stayed together in the field and on the dyno...

sent me me a few dynos graphs from his mustang dyno..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 284

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One other

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 289

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
180hp sounds like a blast in a Maverick. Think the drivetrain will hold up good to the extra HP? Or you going to beef that up too?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was saying with the changes they did to drivetrain for the xds version, they have not seen any problems yet, and said other than a heavier weights in the primary it performed very well, they have been out in the dunes for the last month running it every day putting miles on... So far it's been real steong

so is the snow as bad as reports say in revy this week... Wanted to leave today for a few days, but everyone is backing out..

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was saying with the changes they did to drivetrain for the xds version, they have not seen any problems yet, and said other than a heavier weights in the primary it performed very well, they have been out in the dunes for the last month running it every day putting miles on... So far it's been real steong

so is the snow as bad as reports say in revy this week... Wanted to leave today for a few days, but everyone is backing out..

It was spring like snow yesterday. It is soft and heavy, almost slush. Easy to get stuck in if you don't know how to ride it.
I had a blast though.

Warm and raining today in Revy. I still have fun in this chit, but if you are looking for champagne pow I'd wait till the next storm.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dunes are one thing but that much HP is gonna break alot of parts once the skeg melts this spring lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are sweet machines for sure! What will they do in the mud you think. Never drove a turbo quad or sxs before, be interesting to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom