Xds maverick turbo tuning... Time to bump it up

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
purchased the xds turbo this week and want to send ecm off before first ride, talked with a few places so far and both make it sound like there is so much extra life in this motor waiting to be explored with just a little tunning

Evolution powersports said with just their re flash a easy 22hp extra hp to rear wheels and and cleans up a/f from meeting nasty emissions crap

then went on to say delete the cat and their exhaust another 6 hp across the scale, they are also working on a bigger injector with their exhaust and can see a easy 180hp in the near future out of the motors on these things... Sounds like to much fun

have others heard of anything happening or where there is good tuning for these monsters.. Sounds like a big step up with the xds

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
purchased the xds turbo this week and want to send ecm off before first ride, talked with a few places so far and both make it sound like there is so much extra life in this motor waiting to be explored with just a little tunning

Evolution powersports said with just their re flash a easy 22hp extra hp to rear wheels and and cleans up a/f from meeting nasty emissions crap

then went on to say delete the cat and their exhaust another 6 hp across the scale, they are also working on a bigger injector with their exhaust and can see a easy 180hp in the near future out of the motors on these things... Sounds like to much fun

have others heard of anything happening or where there is good tuning for these monsters.. Sounds like a big step up with the xds

Power is not the issue. its the outdated utility chassis..............They just don`t handle that well.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you joking.. I have the maverick since 13 and drove the other two...not even a comparison... We used the 900 poo in the dunes in orgon, and only wished for the maverick to be there, handled the ulgys so much better

as for power in the turbo it should be fine, but if there's better I want to try it..

Dealer today became a dealer today for evatlion motor sports reflash, so I will hopefully have it reflash end before long.. Can't wait to try the 150 hp monster out

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
too bad arctic cat couldn't make diffs and transmissions that could handle power. *sigh* The wildcat definitely has the best ride and handling.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score

have you contacted "Get Torqued"? kwik racing seems to be happy with them

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I have not, only other place was mrrpm , my understanding was the same as evo.. 22rwhp to the rear wheels

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok here is the low down... those guys here are kinda on the same path ... but they are exaggerating a bit..... there are two places that are doing the turbo mav right now... Alba Racing out of Calif... and Mr Rpm out of NC....

90 rwhp is what they both got from a stock turbo.... mr rpm has now the second generation . its a refashled ecu ... increasing boost from 6 psi to 15 psi.... running a mr rpm intake and larger injectors.... that it and they are up to 130 rwhp...

now the cat they are working on that now.... don't know much yet......

and the turbo mav is totally a new machine... new geometry and crazyd good suspension on the turbo....turbo is day and night from the NA machine....
it is the quad to have... cause a few new teams have been signed up by can am and two of the guys racing the desert series this year I know personally.... one of them builds Polaris sxs... S3 Powersports....in Louissana ... Dustin has raced the rzr 1000 in the pro ranks for 2 years now... and with this machine he said you cant even compare to the new turbo mav.....

now that might be a different story once popo comes out with there turbo... but for now... the turbo is going to hand popo there rear end for the new 2015 series....

there is a gen 1... which is reflashed ecu to 12 psi.... running intake and injectors ...and you will have about 112 hp on the rear wheels..

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and the turbo mav actually likes no exhaust can... cause of forced induction... mr rpm made the most with an open header... lol ... HMF has a can out for the turbo mav that is now making the best hp for the mav... that's the one he was using get 130 on the rear wheels.... 150 and180 claims are pretty wild numbers and only wishful for now...that's all on pump gas too... now if you want to run race fuel all the time then setting up boost more then 15 psi will probably net you that 150+ that your talking about....

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few dyno graphs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 120

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok I see a dyno sheet there with the 150 + ... I have been following his work on the machine along with Alba Racing..... but have not seen that one... the kit he is selling now as a GEN 2 kit ...is for 130 rwhp... do you know what ALL the mods where to get the 150+... even thou I am a quadder... I like to keep up on all aspects of quads and sxs ... just to much to keep up on sometimes.... I missed that dyno sheet, I guess...

hope you know exactly what they did more to achieve the 150+ .... that's awesome...

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok I see a dyno sheet there with the 150 + ... I have been following his work on the machine along with Alba Racing..... but have not seen that one... the kit he is selling now as a GEN 2 kit ...is for 130 rwhp... do you know what ALL the mods where to get the 150+... even thou I am a quadder... I like to keep up on all aspects of quads and sxs ... just to much to keep up on sometimes.... I missed that dyno sheet, I guess...

hope you know exactly what they did more to achieve the 150+ .... that's awesome...

My guess is o-ringed heads, full ARP fasteners, better race fuel and squeeze it harder. When it breaks, then billet everything and start again. It's nothing new to see 300hp/L on a turbo import motor.

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know... as far as I know for the 150+ rwhp... they did not go inside the motor at all.....but I think now there at that line ... that says... need better internals ....lol

Stan Bueller out of Edmonton just built himself a new 1000 based motor with a BBK kit... cant remember the cc size... but they set a new record a few weeks ago on Get Torqed s dyno....

its turbo ed and they did 310 on the rear wheels.... on a stretched renegade

Last edited:
Top Bottom