Wires running thru riser block on 09 RMK

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to swap out the 5.25" riser block on my wifes RMK 700 to a 7".Looking at the 6 sets of wires running thru the block in looks like a nightmare trying to unclip all those wiring harnesses.Does anyone have a simplar way thks.It was a 10 minute job on my D800

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my 09 rmk it's not as big of deal as you think. Most unplug below the riser by the steering post and the worst is the left side handle bar controls but after you unscrew it from the bars there is two plug ins that well come out. Don't pull the switches apart like I did!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut the stock riser off with a hack saw, unless you want to save it. I did what Cumminsnorth did, it's not to hard to do but you need to be careful taking the switch housing apart. Good luck

Trench:d

shady877

Reaction score
no dont cut it witha hack saw because youre gonna have to run the wires through the new riser too unless you dont care that you will look like a goof haha. i took my switch apart too bad idea i lost some little part that centers the hud control switch :(

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no dont cut it witha hack saw because youre gonna have to run the wires through the new riser too unless you dont care that you will look like a goof haha. i took my switch apart too bad idea i lost some little part that centers the hud control switch :(
New riser is a 2 piece RSI should be able to strap them on the inside

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your worried about looking like a goof because your wires run outside of the riser block you have other issues dude! Taking the switch apart is not really that hard if your careful.

Trench

Top Bottom