Wipe your shorts instant!

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a buddy who always secured his deck with straps alone.. you could see the deck rocking heading 9kms up a BC logging road..

I have a 1/2 ton but the deck itself is rigged for one sled only (safe!). 8ft deck in 6.5ft box. 4 turnbuckles and then I put a big rachet-strap across the front whenever I head West just as an extra security measure. And I will check them before each long drive to make sure they haven't backed off at all.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't just check the turnbuckles, the hoop on the box of my 06 has cracked and pulled away from the box. Fair bit load on those dinky things bouncy down the fsr

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point. For the amount I do haul out west with the 1/2 ton (as we usually use the Duramax & 4 place) I thought I was safe, especially since I'm only loading one sled too. When I upgrade to a 3/4 ton and haul 2 sleds more often I'll be looking at a more worry-free way of securing into the deck

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[SUP]I'm pretty sure it belongs to a guy I work with...it's a 3500. Damn this is gonna be fun when I see him at work tomorrow!![/SUP]

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yes, there were two sleds. They both had the SuperClamps undone ready to unload. The first sled down set off the circus. He was the dude that must have had the funny feeling as he was backing down the ramp. The second sled (Polaris) was just standing on the tail and 4 guys lowered it to the ground.
FYI, it was not a half ton. If it had of been this would have been 16 pages by now!!!
Really teacher?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently even the rear carbon fiber didn't break on the Polaris.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a small boomer and chain on the front corners and turnbuckles on the rear. I've never had one come loose.

One thing I do is I put dense rubber between the deck frame and the box of the truck on the rear and sliptank at the front. That way when you suck it down it compresses the rubber and always keep tension on the tie downs.

Top Bottom