Wipe your shorts instant!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
At the staging area yesterday and we heard a crashing noise. Looked around..........

IMG_2125.jpg

No injuries and no damage to the sleds, deck, nor the dude who saw this deck coming towards him as he unloaded. Turn buckles apparently came lose.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here we go, let the sperts start explaining how they would have used grade 8 bolts and for extra measure welded the deck to the box as well as hammered the threads of the bolts so nothing would come loose.

Im glad nobody was hurt, but hoy **** his eyes must have gotten big.
They say Polaris will climb or side hill
anything? How did it do?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had turnbuckles at one time but found they need attention through the season, now I bolt the deck in. That must have been exciting :eek:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had turnbuckles at one time but found they need attention through the season, now I bolt the deck in. That must have been exciting :eek:
Check your bolts Seen those come loose too. Logging roads are rough.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least nobody was hurt along with no damage to sled,truck or deck. this has been discussed before how to install deck,myself i have put jam nuts on my turn buckles,along with bolts thru deck and box with a plate under box,with jam nuts on turn buckles re-tighten after a few trips and then good for season.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bolts thru box with backing plates and over time the come apart engine vibrated them loose and got a little surprise climbing a rough login roads. Never hurts to check am when servicing the truck

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two sleds on a halfton. How come no one has called this yet? I'm disappointed in your, Snowmud.
If you look closely you see he only has one sled and he is well within the "towing/dragging" capacity of a 1/2 ton even though it looks like an 8 bolt full floating rear axle. LOL

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look closely you see he only has one sled and he is well within the "towing/dragging" capacity of a 1/2 ton even though it looks like an 8 bolt full floating rear axle. LOL

If you look even closer yet, you will see it is a 3/4 ton or better and there was also two sleds on that deck, as well as there are tracks leading or leaving the ramp on the ground.
It obviously left dodge when backing the first sled off..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, there were two sleds. They both had the SuperClamps undone ready to unload. The first sled down set off the circus. He was the dude that must have had the funny feeling as he was backing down the ramp. The second sled (Polaris) was just standing on the tail and 4 guys lowered it to the ground.
FYI, it was not a half ton. If it had of been this would have been 16 pages by now!!!

Top Bottom