Winterizing the bike

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the snow is finally here, and after a chilly ride to work on friday, but an awesome ride home. What do you guys do to winterize your bike?

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Drain fuel. Let it run till fuel in carb is gone. Remove battery , store in warm place. No heat in shed.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As above, but change the oil when hot after the stabilizer has been added. As long as there is a Battery Tender on it, you can leave it in the bike, as there's no reason to remove it.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I always treat my leather (and a good washing)8 on my bike before winter storage. In the spring it's a quick wipe and away I go.
Lube anything I can as well, check tire pressure and so on.
Come spring I go through the entire bike looking for loose bolts etc, recheck tire pressure, give it a once over and away I go.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone there ?????

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I ended up doing an oil change, filled up the gas tank and added stabilizer. I took the battery out and left it on a battery tender. Took the bike out 2 weeks ago when we had that warm snap, she fired right up.

Just gotta get some room in the garage to install the shift kit, and a few other bits and pieces, then she'll be ready to rock and roll! ABOUT TIME!

Top Bottom