Winterized trailers

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a bypass on my hot water tank, I remove the sacrifice annode plug from the tank and leave it out. I drain the water tank and leave the cap off. I run the pump till it runs out off water. use the city water connection and use a sump pump to fill the lines with RV antifreeze and then fill each trap with the antifreze coming out of the taps. I don't put any in the main tank as it takes forever to get rid of the taste.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One caution though, windshield washer fluid is very flamable, RV stuff is supposedly not.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use rv antifreze
Got it all done now

I also fill the tanks right to the top and go for a quick drive ..sloshes the water around and gets the chit tickets off the sensors

do you deposit your tickets in the ditch? or are they like cdn tire money.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
send them to tex he can use them to cover up the pink sled coat, second thought he'll get a chubby , sick bastage

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Camping this weekend then I will winterized with antifreeze..... But not the rv stuff thats for puzzies I like the biz from the toxic chit

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my old 5th wheel I always just drained everything, bypassed the water heater and filled the water lines with antifreeze. but we never drank the water from the fresh tank, always brought a couple jugs filled from home for coffee and drinking. the new one I just got has a filtered drinking water spigot separate from the taps at the kitchen sink, so I think I may change my winterizing method to blowing out the lines. could someone post up a step by step on how to do it properly? my compressor has an adjustable regulator, where is the best spot to plumb it into? the pump outlet line or the city water connection? thanks in advance....:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, and what is the consensus on LCD flat panel TVs? leave them in or take them out? will they freeze?

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
God we are still camping into October every year, if the weather is decent.

I picked up a seperate regulator coupled withgarden hose end and air coupler set reg to 40psi
Remove hot water plug and drain
Reinstall plug
Hook regulator ass to city water connection open each tap individually multiple times until you are confident all water is blown out dont forget outside wash station/shower/toilet
Open all faucets and leave open remove shower head and leave hose in drain position
Remove hot water tank plug
Ensure all water tank drains are open
Dump a liter rv antifreeze down each drain

If i missed anything please chime in

Then attack wife with chubby lol

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I use RV antifreeze

Drain and leave the plug out of the hot water tank open HWT bypass (open pressure release valve before take plug out or you get a good shot of high pressure water to the face...don't ask how I know)
Drain water tank leave open
Open lowest point drain hoses drain all water
Hook pump straight to antifreeze jug open furthest tap from the pump run until pink the the next furthest and so on give a slash down each drain for p-traps
Turn pump off release line pressure through faucet go outside to the city water hook up and pull the screen out out and press the white button behind it until antifreeze comes out...most peeps don't know about this one then it freezes and breaks and you have a drip everytime you hook to city water ( make sure you release the pressure 1st or you get another face full don't ask how I know)
Turn propane off and burn off or release and pressure from the system because the propane regulator can freeze and the seal will split
Take steel wool and plug any holes furnace, HWT etc to keep the mice out

Probably forgot a step or two somewhere

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bypass my HWT and use a COMPRESSOR to blow out my lines, been doing it for about 6 years and never an issue.
Open all the windows and the taps, and you can hear the water run out, then go to just air. The tricky part of doing it yourself is that you have to jimmy rig the toilet valve open, so that is clear as well. Once done, some pink juice in all the pee traps, and leave the lowest valves open.
Now.............. IF Western RV, would have used the same due dilegence as all of us for winterizing our trailers. By using glue under the lino, it would have never lifted!!!

Top Bottom