Winter snow is great, but this is crazy...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The worst part is just the terrible drivers here. The roads aren't bad, it's the people not knowing how to drive.

I think after a big snow like this the cities need to say screw it and not touch the roads for a week and tell people to learn to drive or else walk!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The worst part is just the terrible drivers here. The roads aren't bad, it's the people not knowing how to drive.

I think after a big snow like this the cities need to say screw it and not touch the roads for a week and tell people to learn to drive or else walk!

Tell that to all the 2wd owners that pay property tax... LOL

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyone stupid enough to drive something not suitable for winter, who cares. I could honestly careless if roads got plowed. It's nicer driving right now when they aren't because a lot of the idiots aren't on the road.

People gotta learn how to drive, soon as a dusting of snow comes there's 100 people in the ditch and a accident every frigging block. No reason for it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT THIS SNOW WE HAD!!!!!! My plane was able to take off and bring me to Maui! I love this kind of snowfall. Hopefully there is some left when I get back to do some sledding.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I live just off of 91st. In 6 years we have had 2 plow trucks go by , the city of Edmonton might as well take all the taxes a stuff them into the indy or a new rink. Cause they dont have a clue how to move snow. All it is, is a make work project, complete joke and a waste of money. Then you have city busses with all season tires, give your head a shake. And to all the people who dont move cars when the signs are out that they will plow. Towed and fined. rant over

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a city of 1 million people. Tell me which other city is like Edmonton and gets this snow and does not have snow removal problems...

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a city of 1 million people. Tell me which other city is like Edmonton and gets this snow and does not have snow removal problems...

I hate to say this ..... Quebec. Scraper out from the road edge, plow blowing it into trucks. Snow is removed. Not pushed to the edge and left till spring

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it took me about 4.5-5 hrs to clean the driveway last night. Awesome in the 2yrs we have lived here have never had to push snow this high. Let's hope it keeps coming I love cleaning my driveway its fun. And since I had to move the sled to get out the qaud. Well might as well go for a rip its already warmed up. Snow was up to the halfway up the hood mark when stopped sweeeeetttt!!!!!!!

Oh and to the qoute on people need to learn how to drive the roads aren't that bad. Cyle its time to grow up and get some expierience to talk like that. I have well over 1 million miles under my belt. When your driving down the road and the wind gusts and pushes you over a lane and a half. The roads are starting to get bad. Just sayin

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
On the way home from Calgary today ....

d15b6bfc-e876-f647.jpg

d15b6bfc-e890-cc27.jpg

And these roads are considered to be good, compared to what we will be driving into......

Wow this will be a long ride home.
:(

Good thing there is snow and mud.

:) :) ;)

Went thru that 3am sat west on yellowhead except road was snow covered 50-60 KM all the way just feeling the road by the rumble strips :eek:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to say this ..... Quebec. Scraper out from the road edge, plow blowing it into trucks. Snow is removed. Not pushed to the edge and left till spring

So you are saying they don't first try to clear the streets, and then remove it?

It is kind of pointless to fill trucks immediately, only for more snow to fall. .

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and to the qoute on people need to learn how to drive the roads aren't that bad. Cyle its time to grow up and get some expierience to talk like that. I have well over 1 million miles under my belt. When your driving down the road and the wind gusts and pushes you over a lane and a half. The roads are starting to get bad. Just sayin[/QUOTE]

I dont think the problem lies with Cycle, I think he's right, but its not the fact if there's a dusting of snow and people just hit the ditch, ITS THE DAMN MORONS THAT STILL NEED TO TEXT AND DRIVE WHEN THE CONDITIONS GET CRAPPY!, moron pulls out of a side street yesterday infront of me and wishtails, then over corrects and heads straight for me and nearly misses me, the whole time he's holding his phone in the air and hes trying to read it. If the wife wasnt with me this idiot would of been spending his weekend in the hospital! I'm sick of this sh%t!!!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a bad driver, I spent 2 hrs in the ditch this morning. I was traveling south on a range rd at 25kph bashing drifts in the dark. The bad thing was the snow being kicked up by my trailer was going south at 60kph.:eek:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and to the qoute on people need to learn how to drive the roads aren't that bad. Cyle its time to grow up and get some expierience to talk like that. I have well over 1 million miles under my belt. When your driving down the road and the wind gusts and pushes you over a lane and a half. The roads are starting to get bad. Just sayin

I dont think the problem lies with Cycle, I think he's right, but its not the fact if there's a dusting of snow and people just hit the ditch, ITS THE DAMN MORONS THAT STILL NEED TO TEXT AND DRIVE WHEN THE CONDITIONS GET CRAPPY!, moron pulls out of a side street yesterday infront of me and wishtails, then over corrects and heads straight for me and nearly misses me, the whole time he's holding his phone in the air and hes trying to read it. If the wife wasnt with me this idiot would of been spending his weekend in the hospital! I'm sick of this sh%t!!![/QUOTE]

Had almost the same thing last night. Was in a double turning lane, guy fishtailed BAD and was inches from hitting me in the side, would of hit me if I didn't see him not in control and already moved over. Slowed down to get away from him, he kept fishtailing for atleast 1 km.....Frigging retard driving a 4wd in 2wd.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can say whatever you want. But i've never put a vehicle in the ditch or any sort of accident, or even a really close call, says a lot I think. And i've driven in all of the bad conditions. Even when down south had that really bad storm a few years ago drove from edmonton to bozeman montana and back that day when they were borderline closing down the highway. I don't care how bad the roads are, there is no frigging reason to go in the ditch.

It's from not paying attention, driving to fast for the conditions, or just being a bad driver.

Obviously to many people here have went in the ditch and though it wasn't avoidable :rolleyes:

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u guys gotta get the facts straight, weather an HWYs werent bad, it was the people on them...especially the ones right off the boat...an yes people with the damn texting,.....wish they would wrap their vehicle around a post ( maybe they will learn )

the best ones i love to see are the done up trucks, lift kits, tires etc... i love seein them in the ditch, they get the ( im in a big truck with mud tires on, im all good ) racin down the hwy passin everyone...

This actually did happen when i was comin back from Mcbride ( souped up Toyota Tundra )

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u guys gotta get the facts straight, weather an HWYs werent bad, it was the people on them...especially the ones right off the boat...an yes people with the damn texting,.....wish they would wrap their vehicle around a post ( maybe they will learn )

the best ones i love to see are the done up trucks, lift kits, tires etc... i love seein them in the ditch, they get the ( im in a big truck with mud tires on, im all good ) racin down the hwy passin everyone...

This actually did happen when i was comin back from Mcbride ( souped up Toyota Tundra )

Honestly, my old truck with 8" lift and 38" tires I would trust on a icy highway more then my stock one now. If you find the right mud terrain, they are better on snow then any all-terrain or all-season by far. And still just as good on ice.

But anything driving to fast for the conditions is stupid.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can say whatever you want. But i've never put a vehicle in the ditch or any sort of accident, or even a really close call, says a lot I think. And i've driven in all of the bad conditions. Even when down south had that really bad storm a few years ago drove from edmonton to bozeman montana and back that day when they were borderline closing down the highway. I don't care how bad the roads are, there is no frigging reason to go in the ditch.

It's from not paying attention, driving to fast for the conditions, or just being a bad driver.

Obviously to many people here have went in the ditch and though it wasn't avoidable :rolleyes:

Obviously you haven't put many miles on. It's not if you go in the ditch, it's when. You can talk like you're the best driver in the world, but sometimes it's unavoidable. This coming from a guy who has never had an at fault accident and used to drive professionally (still do, just not as much as previously).

Top Bottom