winter riding

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are any of you guys/girls out on studded tires, with this nice weather i was to start getting some rides in once ice racing is over.
kenton

j_w10

Reaction score
havnt studded my tires before but decided to try one of these this winter. u ever consider them they r a blast

Attachments

• 2012-01-08 23.10.59.jpg
    2012-01-08 23.10.59.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 179

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jwub how do you like that set up,,seen lots of vids of them but havn't tried one..I got a feeling i would sell both my sleds after riding one of those.You runnin a rekluse? 450? kickstarter?

j_w10

Reaction score
yup itsa 450 withkick starter and reklus pro. love iding it so far havnt got a ton of miles on it yet and wold like to ride one without the rekluse side by side to try. bentriing differnt tings on it like having the braked on the front lever then on the foot peg to see what i like best. i wouldnt hesitate to get one if u already have a bike its not as bad as u think toget it going with the kick starter

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took mine out last weekend no studs ....SKETCH!!!! put the f**kin thing back in the shed b4 it kills me

j_w10

Reaction score
i did change out my foot pegs as well and the steel toe muck boots seem to work well with it

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply (just changed my studded tires out). This was my first season riding with studded tires and I had a blast! Simply made my own with sheet metal screws, however for next season I may upgrade to some real winter-studded tires. I don't ice race, just off-road MX riding. Check out my YouTube video from the Bruderheim, AB. riding area. Tried uploading, however my video has been blocked because of the music copywright.

Winter-Ice Motocross Riding 2012.wmv - YouTube

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took mine out last weekend no studs ....SKETCH!!!! put the f**kin thing back in the shed b4 it kills me

ha ha.... i did the same... for about 10 minutes almost killed myself... I think the sun and plus 14 brought out my dirt bike fever... but it's snowing here again! *&**

Top Bottom