Winter quading

bigrroberto

Reaction score
Yeah I realize that, but is there anywhere specific that's good to ride in the winter. IE not alot of snow so there's less worry about getting stuck.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of peeps go down the blindman river. Park by blackfalls and ride to bentley. Stop for a few at the monkeytop and ride back...
Sent from my HTC- using Tapatalk

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did that trip today...river was good to ride on. The usual open spots to watch for.
Sure is great having a relative that lives 1/4 mile from the river to stage at.

bigrroberto

Reaction score
Did that trip today...river was good to ride on. The usual open spots to watch for.
Sure is great having a relative that lives 1/4 mile from the river to stage at.

Good to hear!

My inlaws live on c and e trail which is super close too. Only probably 2km or so from the river. :)

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Blindman is a great ride. From Rimbey to Bentley is about an hour ride...if you keep a steady pace. It usually takes us 2-3 hours. We're on it all winter, give a holler if you want to meet up.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
The Blindman is a great ride. From Rimbey to Bentley is about an hour ride...if you keep a steady pace. It usually takes us 2-3 hours. We're on it all winter, give a holler if you want to meet up.

Hey Todd I was scoping out the river at my end yesterday. No tracks from hiway 12 to the north but a couple that head south. We should get together per the holidays and five the river a shot I'm thinking.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Todd I was scoping out the river at my end yesterday. No tracks from hiway 12 to the north but a couple that head south. We should get together per the holidays and five the river a shot I'm thinking.
Sounds like a good idea to me. we're staying home for Christmas, So give me a call anytime you want to head out.

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAhahah , just been to busy at work to do anything fun but would sure like to get out and do some riding :cool::beer: Miss you Guys

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Awwwww miss you too butch. Was down farting around on the new storm pond that was built here in Bentley and managed to collapse the ice. Not sure how thick it was but it broke any way. Not sure how much ice is on the river if we fell through the ice on a little slough.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few of us might ride the Blindman tomorrow. It was good last weekend....hope we don`t find out the wet way.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be getting on the river about 1 km west of hiway 2a just south of black falds. Then heading to Monkey tops for lunch.
Have to be back at staging area by 3:00 pm

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the sleds for a rip on the Blindman today...it was awesome. There's some flood water, and a bit of open water, but nothing too major. Any place its open, the water is only 3-4" deep, but I wouldn't take a quad on it just yet, the ice shelf on the open holes is close to 6", it could be an upside down kind of ride.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
We checked out the blindman the other day too, decided against riding on it and just went over to the lake and hit a few drifts along the edges. Talked to a few people and they said there was 9"-12" on gull lake.

Top Bottom