winter boots?

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i'm looking for some winter boots that are really warm, i work outside in the winter weather its -1 or -50, looking for something thats a reasonable price and also good for sledding cuz i do a lot of that to.

so what is a good brand?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
ok i'm looking for some winter boots that are really warm, i work outside in the winter weather its -1 or -50, looking for something thats a reasonable price and also good for sledding cuz i do a lot of that to.

so what is a good brand?

KamiK & sorel have never done me wrong.... lots of standing around in -40C up in fort mac.... never had cold feet... had fibreglass toes as opposed to steel and were CSA approved.

Bought a pair of Klim last year for sledding and have no complaints.... but not much good for work if you require steel toe.

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i dont need steel toe, i can wear what ever i want, but i'm on quads and sleds most of the time just running back and forth with a tiger torch

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always had a problem with froze toes. As soon as my feet are cold, my day is shot. I bought at least 20 pairs of boots in the last 10 years, and finally settled on a pair of 100 below Sorels. They aren't steel toe, but they are a little heavy, which is a small price to pay for comfort. Haven't been cold in them yet.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought some pacifictrails. In the tongue it had columbia.com. I see their website has winter boots called bugaboot. Not exactly the same as mine but i bet they work the same. may as well waste your money and buy a pair of these. Of coarse at -35 or better you are going to need heavy clunkers.

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 for sorels. I work outside also and they are unbeatable. Heavy for sledding but my feet are never cold and if they get wet its from sweating.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on your kind of sledding. Absolutely Baffins or Sorels for work,(I'm an ironworker and work outside ALL the time)get something rated below -40 C. These boots I find are waaay too bulky for mountain riding. I use Klim klimate boots and my feet stay dry most of the time. IMHO you need two different pairs if you are working outside and a mountain rider.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those winter rubber type boots are awesome, think their made by Dunlop, but their's a knock off pair that they sell at Mark's, stay away from those, get the Dunlops in either orange or moss green. And i have seen guys wearing them sledding, I dont sled in them but I did wear them all day standing in the snow during the avy course and my feet were the only part not cold.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed you need two sets, with the hefty price of klims etc, I wouldn't be wearing them for work.

I finally broke down and got rid of my wal mart cheapos last year, never cold they were just heavy, and only waterproof up like 4" and got my feet wet once and that was it.

Never wet in the klims yet, but cold. Even some days were my old cheapos didn't dry out completely my feet didn't get cold, yet with nice warm dry klims I froze my feet on any day below -15C or so. And the sad part is, my feet are VERY good for not getting cold. Other then the cold part they are great boots, going to try some really warm socks this year hope it works.

Not happy with $300 boots that are doing a worse job then $50 ones though....

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you read my first post, i was talking about pacifictrails. They are under 60 dollars. I now leave the house to go sledding with them on and return home with them on with no more wet feet. Now i have never been able to do this with no other boot. I will bet that all of you guys leave like i had to with two pairs of foot wear.

malinowski3

Reaction score
have any of you tried dunlop purofort thermo i have a buddy who wears them year round for sledding, farming ,quadding whatever he needs and his feet are never cold of wet

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My goodness the bugaboots this year come out with built in battery charger. Now i have never had cooled feet with these boots and they are good for -35 but with a built in heater inside these puppies are good for way in excess of -50 C.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the years I think I've tried Sorels, Kamiks and Baffins. Last year got Klim Klimates and I like those the best so far. Never got wet or damp feet in 22 rides last season. Only cost me $100 at the sled show at the start of the season too. Sorels worked good for me too but I found the Klims lighter.JMO:beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been through many boots myself trying to find ones that would keep my toes warm. I use an Irish Setter PAC boot with 1600g Thinsulate for a hiking boot style. Last year I picked up Baffin Borneos rated at -100C. They are light wieght, dry and I like the way they lace up. Foot is snug and cozy in there. Great for sledding.

Top Bottom