Winnipeg back in the game....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
NHL officially announced just now that the Atlanta Thrashers have been sold to true north sports and will be relocating to Winnipeg...

Congratulations to Manitoba :d:beer:

get in the game:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Yup good for them thats awesome!! Probably won't be the Jets though. Winnipeg Thrashers??

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's about time the NHL came to their senses and allowed this move. Been down to Atlanta several times and spoke to many people about hockey and they simply had no interest. As a matter of fact I spoke to one guy that had no idea Atlanta had an NHL team. I joked and asked him if he had been living under a rock.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
The NHL Is Returning To Wpg
CJOB News Team reporting
5/31/2011

Mark Chipman of True North Sports and Entertainment has announced the purchase of the NHL's Atlanta Thrashers. The sale is still subject to approval of the NHL's Board of Governors June 21st. In the meantime, True North has launched . The goal is to sell 13-thousand season tickets before June 21st to demonstrate the community's support of the NHL in Manitoba. Prices range from 39 dollars to 129 dollars a seat. In all, there are seven price categories. Chipman says the naming of the team will be the next order of business.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get too excited. There is still a 50/50 chance it doesn't go through. If they blocked Phoenix they could very well block this one

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Don't get too excited. There is still a 50/50 chance it doesn't go through. If they blocked Phoenix they could very well block this one

Bateman announced it.... it's a done deal...

only condition will be 13K season seats.... I give it until monday.....

In phoenix the local government is fighting to keep the team.... Atlanta has no such support

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Winnipeg thrashers......... Just not the same ring as the "jets"....... Hope they rename the team!!!

most likely won't be the "Jets" nor "Winnipeg" for that matter...

I would Guess it will be the "Manitoba ____________"

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com

In phoenix the local government is fighting to keep the team.... Atlanta has no such support

team is here, conditions are there but HELL we have been without for 15 years. support is running wild!!

LOVIN IT

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking to my nephew in the Peg last night, he said the place is mental about the return of the NHL.

I was in the Peg when they got the Jets into the NHL (along with a few other WHL refugees).

The people of the Peg got a better deal with the Atlanta team as they have more good young talent then Phoenix IMO.

Whatever they call them this is long overdue. I guess a road trip to the Peg to see hockey is in my future this winter.

The team will stay in the east for this season, Ovenchicken will play the Peg 3 times next season!

:beer::beer::beer::beer: fer the Pegger hockey fans.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Actually the nhl owns the rights to the "jets" name, and it was said on the news this morning, that the nhl would probably give the name back if it was requested by winnipeg..........

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Actually the nhl owns the rights to the "jets" name, and it was said on the news this morning, that the nhl would probably give the name back if it was requested by winnipeg..........

the NHL released the rights already if they so choose to use it...

Thats why I figure they will use a different name...if it was gonna be the jets it would have been announced already... I think it'll be Manitoba _______

I wonder if "mounties" is a copyrighted name?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the NHL released the rights already if they so choose to use it...

Thats why I figure they will use a different name...if it was gonna be the jets it would have been announced already... I think it'll be Manitoba _______

I wonder if "mounties" is a copyrighted name?

If they don't name it the Jets, those flatlanders are gonna burn the city to the ground.

:eek:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I used to make the drive from Flin Flon to Winnipeg to watch the Red Wings back when we were just dating. Kind of neat to see them getting a team again.:cool:

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Well the goal of 13 000 season tickets was met on Saturday

The Moose season ticket holders were on the first come first get for the NHL team, then on Saturday it was opened to the general public, with 17 minutes they were sold out to the tune of 13 000 season ticket holders for the next 3 to 5 years!! RIGHT ON!:beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I guess I was off by 1 day 23 hours and 43 mins...

Well the goal of 13 000 season tickets was met on Saturday

The Moose season ticket holders were on the first come first get for the NHL team, then on Saturday it was opened to the general public, with 17 minutes they were sold out to the tune of 13 000 season ticket holders for the next 3 to 5 years!! RIGHT ON!:beer:

Top Bottom