Winch Time!

rockabilly685

Reaction score
looking for some guideance on my first winch purchase. I have a '06 AC 700 SE and not sure if I am better off with a 2500 or 3000lb winch.

Any thoughts on where to purchase and what brand ?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride any mud at all 3000 to 3500 is the way to go .That`s a heavy bike ,a 2500 will work but for the cost savings go bigger. I think the Viper are a great winch, great price. The warn are overated and over priced imho.....

jaredvh

Reaction score
Yah, I second that. Go with the bigger one. Not sure what AC are like for room in the front for a winch but watch out. My buddy's Honda only had room for a 2500lb winch although he wanted to go bigger. Everybody I know runs the Warn XT series and haven't had any issues.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winches winches winches hmm go warn or go home, all joking aside time has provern that if it isnt a warn it will let you down at the worst time. As for size i run a xt3000, aka 3000lb synthetic line, and if you want the bells and whistles i have a wireless remote with mine it works like a dream. The sythetic rope is just as strong as cable without having to worry about getting slivers, you just need to remember when winching to a tree you shouldnt wrap around and hook to the line you should use a trunk protector.
warn also makes a 4000lb synthetic winch id like to have it on my foreman 500 but its a little too heavy. Any way place to but try harry at camrose motorsports (camrose yamaha) or any dealer.

ps im selling my 2500lb warn wire line winch 400 bucks

joeboo73

Reaction score
Winches winches winches hmm go warn or go home, all joking aside time has provern that if it isnt a warn it will let you down at the worst time. As for size i run a xt3000, aka 3000lb synthetic line, and if you want the bells and whistles i have a wireless remote with mine it works like a dream. The sythetic rope is just as strong as cable without having to worry about getting slivers, you just need to remember when winching to a tree you shouldnt wrap around and hook to the line you should use a trunk protector.
warn also makes a 4000lb synthetic winch id like to have it on my foreman 500 but its a little too heavy. Any way place to but try harry at camrose motorsports (camrose yamaha) or any dealer.

ps im selling my 2500lb warn wire line winch 400 bucks

super sling in Nisku has a 5/16 synthetic line with a 13000lbs rating

Top Bottom